2nd 3rd London Christmas party

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

2nd 3rd London Christmas party

Postby redc » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:06 pm

We have booked the upstasirs room @ The Barley Mow in Mayfair again for a pre-Christmas get-together on Saturday 12th December. Room is booked from 3:00 pm until we get kicked out (which, depending upon when Northern Pete turns up, could be about 3:30 pm).

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... ow/Mayfair

It's very handilly placed just off Oxford Street (Selfridges end) for those wanting to combine with some Christmas shopping. Kevo is planning on forming a choir to sing carols and Dr Jules is devising some party games with prizes & forfeits and there may be sherry. On the other hand we might just drink.

Do come along & show your face if around the area, or even make a special trip for it - we had several new faces appear at last years' 2 Barley Mow outings.
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Re: 2nd 3rd London Christmas party

Postby Blackout » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:35 am

Looks like I've unexpectedly got a free night that night, might come down if I can find a cheap train ticket....

Any decent gigs in London that night for later on? Looked at Seetickets and there's The Only Ones at Highbury Garage (Soulwax in Brixton's sold out) - never sure where to get info about smaller gigs in the capital though. Please keep me posted anyway as I don't get on here as much these days. ta.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:24 pm

I'll try, depending on Eurostar, bed, money. It is eating away at me as an idea
Die "beste Show ever" (c) British Sea Power) beinhaltete fliegende Zwiebeln, einen Plüsch-Pferdekopf, Walzer-tanzende Fans und Musiker, das Besteigen der Boxen, das unabsichtliche Zerstören der Speaker (und einer Gitarre und einem Keyboard).
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Kramer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Blackout wrote: never sure where to get info about smaller gigs in the capital though.

I use lastfm.com. There is an events search where you can change the date and location to any of your choosing.

It has the virtue that pretty much every band has a profile of some description on there, no matter how large or small, and tour dates tend to be accurate and right up-to-date.
What are you artists from Manchester doing in Morecambe?
Kramer

Postby redc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Blackout wrote:Any decent gigs in London that night for later on?

You do realise you will have to have a signed note from your mother, or legal guardian, to be able to leave the pub before we're chucked out?

I had a flick through Ents24 (my info source of choice) to check that the chosen date didn't conflict with anything special & The Only Ones were pretty much the only ones that caught my eye too. There were rumblings of a plot between one or two considering seeing Good Shoes (+support) @ ULU, but the suspected ring-leader has been aprehended.

[BTW Kyte are playing (The Barfly IIRC) the following night,unfortunately I've got family commitments.]

And whilst we're on the subject, men over 40 worried about the effects of drinking on your ticker, read this & rejoice:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 23218.html

Drink half a dozen beers every day and have a healthier heart
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby pauloso » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:05 pm

redc wrote: There were rumblings of a plot between one or two considering seeing Good Shoes (+support) @ ULU, but the suspected ring-leader has been aprehended.

It appears that you may have the wrong man...
I keep a shotgun buried in a box.
pauloso

Postby kevo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Blackout wrote:Any decent gigs in London that night for later on?

The Indelicates are playing Guided Missile Night at the Buffalo Bar. Went to the last one - great DJ playing top tunes! Will definitely be on for heading up there later on.
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Postby GTW » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:01 pm

We will be at this shindig, I am pleased to announce.
GTW

Postby Andy White » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Is someone bringing a sound system for us all to plug into?

I propose a re-evaluation of the exceptionally upbeat and festive Christmas Tree Ship by iLiKETRENDS.
Andy White

Postby kevo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Yes, I think there are plans for this
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Postby Alfie Noakes » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm up for it. I intend to come along about 18.30 after the Everton game. Anybody need tickets?
Alfie Noakes

Postby redc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Alfie Noakes wrote:I'm up for it. I intend to come along about 18.30 after the Everton game. Anybody need tickets?

Yes, everybody does: £5 in advance, £6 on the door. Cheques made out to Kevochristmasfund.

[NOT REALLY]
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Return to Meet ups