Georgian Theatre, Stockton On Tees, Saturday 20 April

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Georgian Theatre, Stockton On Tees, Saturday 20 April

Postby pomfob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:59 pm

They’re playing as part of the 10th anniversary of the Stockton Calling festival. Sold out apparently, but that’s what we’re here for; those spare tickets, pubs, offers of lifts, spare beds, cheap digs.

I’ve done some research and went to Stockton when they played the Arc a couple of years ago. So…there are 2 wristband exchanges, the main one being the Arc box office. That opens from midday, first bands on from 1300, BSP due onstage 2145.

Arc, The Georgian Theatre where BSP are playing and most of the other venues all appear to be in 10 minutes’ walk of each other. Which is handy.

Pub wise, Golden Smog is a must – a bit small, but perfectly formed. Also very close to the venues, though it’s down a back-street, so tricky to find.

Here’s the festival website

http://www.stocktoncalling.co.uk/

which has a tickets here link, but that takes you through to Arc’s site, and that says it’s sold out.

Speak your brains if you have any.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Re: Georgian Theatre, Stockton On Tees, Saturday 20 April

Postby pomfob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 am

More pub research - apparently these are all micros, so bear that in mind if you're in a large group;

The previously mentioned Golden Smog - 1 Hambletonian Yard, TS18 1DS, open from 1400 till 2200.

Hope & Union, 9 Silver Court, TS18 1SL, 1100 - 0030

Wasp's Nest, 1 Calvert Square, TS18 1TB, 1100 - 0000. This one is very near the Georgian Theatre, so probably the best meeting point outside the actual venue.
pomfob

Postby Blackout » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am

Somewhere down an internet hole, I discovered some of the aforementioned pubs will be hosting free entry fringe gigs...
Attachments
scfringe.jpg
scfringe.jpg (70.82 KiB) Viewed 5560 times
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Blackout » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:10 am

Unfortunately Axolotl appear to be a nicey singy songy strummy acoustic duo, not an actual axolotl (or any of the presumably numerous bands who might have had that name over the years). Massive disappointment.

In fact highly probable everyone on that list is basically a fucking busker. Might need other pubs... :)
Attachments
ax.jpg
ax.jpg (88.13 KiB) Viewed 5559 times
And there she was....

Blackout

Postby Blackout » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 am

oh yeah this, print yourself one and save fucking about running your phone battery down all day :)

absolute bastardy clash at tea time between Just Mustard whom I haven't seen yet and really want to, itoldyouiwouldeatyou whom I have seen and are fucking great, and Panda Lasagne whom I've never heard of but they're called Panda Lasagne.

Nice that BSP are up against Rev and the Makers though, should reduce the bellend count in our venue considerably. (no disrespect whatsoever to "the Rev", a very lovely man, even if his music is not to my taste, but they do attract the full-on short sleeve shirt and a pint of lager banter ladz brigade in droves)
Attachments
D4TbvFLW0AAf5SG.jpg
D4TbvFLW0AAf5SG.jpg (192.63 KiB) Viewed 5558 times
And there she was....

Blackout

Postby pomfob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Blackout wrote:oh yeah this, print yourself one and save fucking about running your phone battery down all day :)

absolute bastardy clash at tea time between Just Mustard whom I haven't seen yet and really want to, itoldyouiwouldeatyou whom I have seen and are fucking great, and Panda Lasagne whom I've never heard of but they're called Panda Lasagne.

Nice that BSP are up against Rev and the Makers though, should reduce the bellend count in our venue considerably. (no disrespect whatsoever to "the Rev", a very lovely man, even if his music is not to my taste, but they do attract the full-on short sleeve shirt and a pint of lager banter ladz brigade in droves)

Top picks there. Also heard Just Mustard are worth catching, despite the crap name. Red Rum Club have also been recommended. I'm pointing wildly at Team Picture (because they're both great & from Leeds) and Ceiling Demons (ditto) and GG Alan Partridge (because stupid name, hoping for a mix of their two apparent influences).
pomfob

Postby pomfob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Blackout wrote:Unfortunately Axolotl appear to be a nicey singy songy strummy acoustic duo, not an actual axolotl (or any of the presumably numerous bands who might have had that name over the years). Massive disappointment.

In fact highly probable everyone on that list is basically a fucking busker. Might need other pubs... :)

Wasp's Nest it is then.

Not the pub, just dropping wasps' nests in front of the bastard buskers.
pomfob

Postby Blackout » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:44 pm

pomfob wrote: GG Alan Partridge (because stupid name, hoping for a mix of their two apparent influences).

you mean in the way that Godspeed You Peter Andre are(n't?) :-)

Played in Manchester recently (GGAP that is) or Salford maybe, can't remember why I didn't go, everyone (the right kind of everyone) who did said they were ace. Won't be there til about 3 ish ourselves though.
And there she was....

Blackout

Return to Meet ups