Civic Hall, Nantwich, Saturday 13 October

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Civic Hall, Nantwich, Saturday 13 October

Postby pomfob » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Playing as parts of the Words & Music festival. Sold out, apparently, so all the more need for pre-gig pubs, offers of lifts, spare beds, cheap digs and most importantly spare tickets (saw a couple on offer on that there Facebook).

I've done some research! Pub wise, anyway. On the way from the railway station to the venue (Market Street CW5 DG), there's a couple of guided pubs not too far off piste. There's The Vine (42 Hospital Street, CW5 5RP) and The Crown (High Street, CW5 5AS). The latter appeals as it has 'the strangest uneven bespoke flooring to be found in Cheshire'! It also does Salopian ales, so that'll appeal to any lurkers out there (coo-ee!)

Any thoughts, dear readers? Keep 'em clean.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Re: Civic Hall, Nantwich, Saturday 13 October

Postby Blackout » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:41 am

Tried to think if I had ever been for a night out in Nantwich and realised I did, someone's 18th birthday do in 1989 during my sixth form college in Crewe years, and remembered Adam (and the others) from The Train Set and Jayne who went on our bus would have both been there but some years away from becoming a couple and subsequently parents of girls who would go on to become The Orielles who supported BSP last year or earlier this year or something and are about the same age as their parents were in our college days. I have no idea about pubs there in 2018, but I just lost 15 minutes to one of those where did it all go moments...

I think we'll probably be in town about 6 ish. I don't know. I seem to have lost the ability to plan ahead particularly well, I think I used up all my organisational skills for the year on that Scottish trip...
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby TheAlex » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm

I can offer a lift after the gig to Crewe station or Stoke station if it helps anyone travelling by train (I live in nearby Newcastle-under-Lyme). I can also offer a lift to the gig from Newcastle-under-Lyme (arriving in Nantwich for doors), though that seems unlikely to help anyone.

I've been to the venue once before, to see standup comedian Gary Delaney.
TheAlex

Postby SalmonJoe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:09 pm

pomfob wrote:The Crown (High Street, CW5 5AS). The latter appeals as it has 'the strangest uneven bespoke flooring to be found in Cheshire'! It also does Salopian ales, so that'll appeal to any lurkers out there (coo-ee!)

Any thoughts, dear readers? Keep 'em clean.

Now wishing we'd booked accommodation at The Crown rather than "Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich)" !
SalmonJoe

Postby Blackout » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 am

I don't, I saw the prices! We're in the Premier Inn too, it's not actually that far. You can walk between Crewe and Nantwich in about an hour and the premier inn is about half way
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby SalmonJoe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks, that's good to know.
Might need me pac-a-mac for the walk back!
SalmonJoe

Postby avocetboy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:54 am

If the weather is shite, we may get a taxi from the Premier Inn. If anyone wants to share, PM me.
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby Huttefeld » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:44 am

I know it's a longshot, but if anyone has a spare ticket for this evening we're now in need of one. My son's Saturday evening arrangements have fallen through and he's now available to come along.
Huttefeld

Return to Meet ups