The Globe, Cardiff, Sunday 11 February

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

The Globe, Cardiff, Sunday 11 February

Postby pomfob » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 am

The first night of the tour to sell out, but for those of you who were sorted suggestions for pre-gig pubs, offers of lifts, spare beds, cheap digs and so on will be useful. And for those too late to the party, offers of spare tickets would be appreciated. The Skinkus are top of the queue, I think.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13682

Here’s the venue’s website for further details if required;

http://globecardiffmusic.com/
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Re: The Globe, Cardiff, Sunday 11 February

Postby Blackout » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Good luck those on the ticket hunt. I really hope some of my actual friends do manage to get a ticket as Cardiff will be Nick's first one back after an unfortunately timed site visit to California.

Regarding accommodation, Cardiff is well served with Travelodges. I appear to have booked the Queen Street one myself which I've never tried before, either I was feeling adventurous or it was cheaper than the massive one on the road with all the kebab shops.

Fans of (alcohol and) pie may wish to note that Cardiff has a massive and really nice Pieminister restaurant, which has all the usual ones plus other pies they don't have in other ones. The Mothership of Motherships, so to speak. It's not especially near the Globe, but I seem to remember from last time (as in the tail end of 2010 which was last time I personally went to said venue) nor is anything else really.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Re: The Globe, Cardiff, Sunday 11 February

Postby pomfob » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Support in Cardiff is from the amusingly named American Mustard, featuring Matt Eaton, previously of Actress Hands. Influences include Big Star, The Posies and Blue Oyster Cult, so erm, enjoy!
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Return to Meet ups