The Venue, Derby, Monday 23 October

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

The Venue, Derby, Monday 23 October

Postby pomfob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 am

Feels a bit wrong this being in October rather than the traditional pre-xmas bash. Pre-gig pubs are surely the Brunswick, the Alex and the Greyhound (tracking from the station to the venue)

Also up for consideration - offers of lifts, spare beds, cheap digs, spare tickets, cheapest ticket website, that type of thing.

Tickets available from SeeTickets and Gigantic.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Re: The Venue, Derby, Monday 23 October

Postby Blackout » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 am

I've always been terrible at asking for stuff but me and Mandy are after a lift back to Manchester after this please. (maybe a lift there, as well, though we are quite capable of using trains). I normally drive myself to short-haul weeknights without appropriate train services but for various reasons I'd rather not this one if I can avoid it. As I am sure some of our longer serving members recall, throughout the 2000s I provided lifts (probably into the hundreds) for a great many people between BSP gigs all over the country, often with her accompanying me as the world's most useless navigator but exceptional snack provider, and while I appreciate that most of you here were not those recipients, it would be really nice to have a bit of "what goes around comes around" just this once. please. thank you.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby TheAlex » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 pm

Blackout wrote:I've always been terrible at asking for stuff but me and Mandy are after a lift back to Manchester after this please. (maybe a lift there, as well, though we are quite capable of using trains). I normally drive myself to short-haul weeknights without appropriate train services but for various reasons I'd rather not this one if I can avoid it. As I am sure some of our longer serving members recall, throughout the 2000s I provided lifts (probably into the hundreds) for a great many people between BSP gigs all over the country, often with her accompanying me as the world's most useless navigator but exceptional snack provider, and while I appreciate that most of you here were not those recipients, it would be really nice to have a bit of "what goes around comes around" just this once. please. thank you.

IF I go (and it's a big IF at the moment), I can offer you a lift back to Newcastle-under-Lyme/Stoke-on-Trent. I'm not sure if that helps at all - it gets you a bit closer to Manchester. I won't know if I'm going until late Monday afternoon.
TheAlex

Postby Salian » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Blackout wrote:I've always been terrible at asking for stuff but me and Mandy are after a lift back to Manchester after this please. (maybe a lift there, as well, though we are quite capable of using trains). I normally drive myself to short-haul weeknights without appropriate train services but for various reasons I'd rather not this one if I can avoid it. As I am sure some of our longer serving members recall, throughout the 2000s I provided lifts (probably into the hundreds) for a great many people between BSP gigs all over the country, often with her accompanying me as the world's most useless navigator but exceptional snack provider, and while I appreciate that most of you here were not those recipients, it would be really nice to have a bit of "what goes around comes around" just this once. please. thank you.

I can offer you both a lift to and from....PM here or on messenger and I'll give you my number and we can arrange.
Salian

Postby Blackout » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 am

Salian wrote:

I can offer you both a lift to and from....PM here or on messenger and I'll give you my number and we can arrange.

Facebooked you, cheers.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby BabyGray » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:18 pm

The Alex has started doing north riding ales. Thrown in with Pentrich you're gonna be on the dog bolter come 11.39pm
BabyGray

Postby O Larsen Beret » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:00 pm

BabyGray wrote:The Alex has started doing north riding ales. Thrown in with Pentrich you're gonna be on the dog bolter come 11.39pm

How do you know so much about my previous alter-ego?

O Larsen Beret

Postby Dero » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:36 am

BabyGray wrote:The Alex has started doing north riding ales. Thrown in with Pentrich you're gonna be on the dog bolter come 11.39pm

I came in here to say that "I don't care where we meetup so long as there is Pentrich involved", it's good to see I'm not the only one thinking about the important stuff
Can a man of perception respect himself at all?
Dero

Postby somethingwittie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:58 pm

I've posted this elsewhere, so apologies for duplication.

Nevertheless, I'm on the scrounge for a spare for the 2021 version of this show!
somethingwittie

Return to Meet ups