1975 all over again

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: 1975 all over again

Postby SPT » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:59 am

The principle is sound, but I find Spotify a bit mystifying every time I decide to renew acquaintance with it (every year or so). I can only get it on my desktop PC, which I get on about once a week in between children's minecraft sessions. So I'm not sure I can commit to being active.
You can always outrun a golfer

http://www.soundsxp.com
Always changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/
SPT

Postby avocetboy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 am

SPT wrote:T which I get on about once a week in between children's minecraft sessions.

My tablet has gone the same way!
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby Blackout » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:54 am

Ditto. Except I don't actually have children, just a 45 year old adult partner, and it's not Minecraft it's Apollo mission simulators...
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby TheAlex » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Go forth and listen/post playlists, I'll be holding you all to it. ;) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13344

avocetboy wrote:Sounds like a good idea TheAlex.

RadioResistance wrote:I'll second that. I'm always up for exposure to new music!

Shadowplayer wrote:
I'd definitely be up for this if there's enough fellow forumites, TheAlex - perhaps even a physical mixtape /cd swap as well, if we can organise it.

I'd be up for that. Probably a CD because it's less faff than a tape (though I did love making compilation tapes), and most of mine would probably be MP3 quality copied to CD...

SPT wrote:The principle is sound, but I find Spotify a bit mystifying every time I decide to renew acquaintance with it (every year or so). I can only get it on my desktop PC, which I get on about once a week in between children's minecraft sessions. So I'm not sure I can commit to being active.

Spotify gets worse and worse. I got angry with it and registered on their forum to post a list of about 20 things that were wrong with it off the top of my head, and it proved quite popular! I've installed an old version and disabled updates. You could make a YouTube playlist instead if you like - I'm happy to put mine on YouTube too.

Apologies if I missed quoting anyone.
Last edited by TheAlex on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAlex

Postby TheAlex » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm

SPT wrote:The principle is sound, but I find Spotify a bit mystifying every time I decide to renew acquaintance with it (every year or so). I can only get it on my desktop PC, which I get on about once a week in between children's minecraft sessions. So I'm not sure I can commit to being active.

Spotify gets worse and worse. I got angry with it and registered on their forum to post a list of about 20 things that were wrong with it off the top of my head, and it proved quite popular! I've installed an old version and disabled updates. You could make a YouTube playlist instead if you like - I'm happy to put mine on YouTube too.

It was much easier than I expected to do a YouTube playlist (the time between my last post and this one, minus a couple of minutes getting distracted by the first video, which is quite eye-catching - with hindsight it was a bad choice to watch Belle & Sebastian at a festival instead of them!) - you can add videos directly from the search page which is useful.
TheAlex

Postby NicholasVanWotsisface » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Apollo mission simulators?????????????????????????????????
NicholasVanWotsisface

Previous

Return to Other Music