FreeCycle

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

FreeCycle

Postby avocetboy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 am

Any one else use this. Basically you become a member of your local Group and you advertise anthing you want rid of, for free and can have, for free, things that people are offering. I have recently obtained a sea fishing rod and reel for when I go to Scotland in Spring and Avocetgirl got a set of retro green wine glasses. We have passed on loads of baby toys / clothes that could have been landfilled. Well worth a look.
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Re: FreeCycle

Postby Wicker Man » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:26 pm

FreeCycle's brilliant. I've given away several pieces of furniture, a cot and a fire surround and picked up a couple of printers, a dictaphone and some walkie talkies for my wee lad.

Dictaphone pickup was a hoot - I was met at the top of a tower block by a man wearing only underpants who claimed to have a deflated hot air balloon in his garage picked up on FreeCycle. He'd been asking for a matching basket for months, and planned to fly the thing off the top of the tower as soon as it was complete.

He didn't say where he planned to obtain the hot air, but it didn't seem to be in short supply.
Wicker Man

Postby avocetboy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Replaced by "Buy it, swap it, sell it"...You can get rid of anything nowadays..
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby Thing2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:01 pm

Daxi should be turning up this afternoon to collect my old imac g3

I don't know if Daxi is a lady or a gentleman
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Thing2

Return to General