Well, I will roll the Sausage.

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Well, I will roll the Sausage.

Postby Skinku » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:41 am

I will attempt to pop in more.

How is everyone?

A brief update would be nice to get my juices flowing.

For myself I have been bloody ill and a tad out of touch with music these days and limited in gig attendance, although I do have a ticket for Max Cooper on Thursday.
That was a hopeful purchase, as is the BSP gig next month in Brighton but you never know.
Seeing Skinku Jr grow is a real pleasure, the bugger is nearly ten.
I am still tall, daft and mostly harmless.

Big love.
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Re: Well, I will roll the Sausage.

Postby Den* » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:18 am

Hello Skinku! I too am seeking a return to Forum, as it were. *terrible*

Den* junior is 2.5 and lots of work, that combined with living in deepest darkest Bavaria means my gig attendance is pretty much null. Although we did catch local Heroes "Melanie" last weekend, featuring the truly amazing Joe O Miller (formerly of Henry Rollins support band "The Cockroach Revenge" fame) on vocals. It couldn't get more tenuous.

Sorry to hear you've been krank lad, all the best to you and ze family.

I am still The Cabin Boy Who Turned Out To Be A Girl.

xD*
Last edited by Den* on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Den*

Postby Rake » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:00 pm

Hello Skinku and Den* (this is like one of those chain letters isn't it)

I'm ok mostly, though I now have Meniere's Disease to add to my list of weird and wonderful health tings. Still, what doesn't kill you and all that....

I still get out, and occasionally out-out, to gigs and stuff. Not seen much of BSP these last couple of years though. Knocked a few off the bucket list though, including Sigur Ros and Mogwai, Jon Hopkins next.

I don't have any little'uns but do have my lovely niece currently living with me and Mrs.Rake until she moves into her new digs in Hove Actually in October.

I am still quite tall, skinny, shaven-headed (sometimes with beard, sometimes without) and sometimes misunderstood.....but aren't we all?

Hugs, D'rren X
Rake

Postby bancroftboy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Well isn’t this nice.
I’m still where and what I was, I lack ambition you see.
I’m currently about as fit as I’ve been since my 20s and as thin, although the doctor says I have high blood pressure which doesn’t seem very fair - genetics huh.
Still go to gigs but not in the same volume, age means I have to pick and choose gigs on a school night, and also the pool of London playmates has shrunk considerably over the years. While I don’t mind a gig on my own it’s nicer with friends.
Re BSP I’m pretty sure I’m done, I will do an occasional one to see people but otherwise ...
No children. Deliberate policy.
you lot are a complete army of c*nts!
bancroftboy

Postby Skinku » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 am

That's John Torode!
Skinku

Postby pomfob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Look, I'm here all the fucking time anyway, but I wasn't in the (perceived?) heyday...

Pom, also known as Mark, and by some, Martin (thanks Mandy (or Lauren (also Doll))).

50 (fuck).

100+ BSP gigs under the belt, more to come (I know, some of you had done 100 before I'd even got round to seeing them).

Vitamin D deficiency and bad back are the only health issues, both relatively minor but they do slow me down on a far-too frequent basis. Not as much as my disposition to procrastinate though.

Tall, balding, beardy, glasses. Doesn't narrow it down, does it?

Same attitude to kids as Bancroftboy. Non-existent kids should count their blessings.

That do?
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Heartland » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Yep, still check in daily and get rewarded with the odd gem, ie early info on the Hebden Bridge gig.

A definite Martin

Closing fast on 50 BSP gigs...ok, ok, I was a late starter.

Never seen them in either London or Cumbria; would like to manage both before I've done.

Three grown-up (in terms of age,) kids. One grandson.

Average height, full-on slap head, often unshaven, current ear infection, otherwise in good nick.

Fifty six next month

Know a few of you by sight
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby Skinku » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 am

Marvelous stuff
I eat my Spicy nik naks and feel the energy
Have you eaten too much fruit again pomfob?
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Postby pomfob » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 am

Skinku wrote:Have you eaten too much fruit again pomfob?

I'm naturally fruity enough, oo-er matron.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Den* » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:21 am

Skinku! - I'm all for sausage rolling (who isn't?) but I have to ask - what kind of sausage is it?
Den*

Postby Skinku » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 pm

It’s an euphuism, you know?
When everyone’s in a circle and no one wants to roll the sausage first, but bloody hell when it gets going?
Isn’t it?
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Postby Den* » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 am

Yes Sir, and do call me a pedant, but is it a straight roller salami, or a breakfast sausage from Waitrose, (or perhaps Jack's, *shudder*), with a bit of a wiggle to it?
Den*

Postby blir » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:21 am

Howdy as we say. I'm in Sheffield. The beer is good. The 5-spice pork cheek pie is also good. It was 4c this morning on my tow path run. I farted quite a lot as I ran. Possible connection with the beers. I will be drinking in York Wednesday evening if anyone is around those parts. I will be drinking in London on Friday and Saturday, not contiguously, I don't think. Mostly around Shoreditch and Hoxton areas. I'm eyeing out the eastern portion of the Regent Canal tow path for a nice stroll, possibly Saturday or Sunday. Also thinking of strolling Bermondsey Sunday. Mush are Friday night. Abjects are Saturday. Slight thought of doing Soft Cell Sunday, but ridiculous ticket prices. It's odd being in the UK whilst BSP are playing yet not seeing them. Ullapool seemed a bridge too far. Plotting how I might get back for Newcastle and Hebden Bridge gigs, but as the latter is sold out, that too might be a bridge too far. Can everyone see what I did there? Anyway, shame as lovely Korean shoegazers Say Sue Me are playing Brighton the day after. Would love to do all three. Mental gears are turning. Or creaking.
"Has anyone tried to insert a finger into any of their anuses?" - Rake
blir

Postby blir » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:23 am

Skinku wrote:It’s an euphuism, you know?
When everyone’s in a circle and no one wants to roll the sausage first, but bloody hell when it gets going?
Isn’t it?

If a vowel makes a consonant sound at the beginning of a word, is it still "an" or can "a" be used? The latter sounds more natural to me.
"Has anyone tried to insert a finger into any of their anuses?" - Rake
blir

Postby Den* » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:30 am

It really should be "an" before a vowel, but agreed, it does sound reet peculiar here...
Den*

Next

Return to General