Tips for improving the winter olympics

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Tips for improving the winter olympics

Postby TheAlex » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:02 pm

I love the idea of Gary Numan piloting the helicopter. If a ski-jumper jumped too high and accidentally jammed their horn in the rotors or helicopter engine, Gary Numan could play Down in the (Olympic) Park on acoustic guitar as the helicopter tumbled to earth. This Wreckage sounds like an appropriate song to sing as he emerges from the wreckage, and Cars would be a crowd-pleaser of course.

The bobsleigh idea sounds like fun. Why not have spikes on the bobsleigh too? Maybe it could be renamed bobslay, with Bono placed at strategic intervals down the course.
TheAlex

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Talking of bobsleigh, I noticed today that the South Koreans sleigh has gold bumpers! Superb.
It's like everything you never said but always meant to say
Wendelin of Trier

Postby TheAlex » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:19 pm

I saw a couple of events in the World Indoor Athletics Championships today. Would it be much trouble to install an earthquake simulator in the venues? Richter 4 for the relays would be brilliant, perhaps up to Richter 6 for the baton handovers. And imagine how tense the pole vault and high jump would be - the bar might even fall off before the athlete has started their run-up!

Staying on the podium for a medal ceremony at Richter 7 could be an event in itself, perhaps the bronze medalist could be upgraded to gold if they're the only medalist to stay on.
TheAlex

Postby WesleyMason » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:12 am

Kick right wrote:I think the figure skating could be improved if the Olympians had to simultaneously distribute refreshments to the spectators.

I don't think it would too much to read these viasil reviews of a stretch to carry around a tea-tray as part of their routine. They could throw the thing into the air while they do all the poncing about toe-looping, double axel-ing and triple lutz-ing and then catch it after they've done.

It would surely add to the excitement if spectators were offered a nice cup of tea in, don't forget, a pretty cold venue.

If you want to run a faster marathon, you can use these training tips to learn which ... APOLLO OHNO - Can't wait until the Winter Olympics in Sochi, short track.

1 Keep itineraries realistic: Flights from Europe and North-America to Seoul take around 11 hours, so planning an overnight stay in the South Korean capital on arrival will help guests overcome jetlag before they catch the new high-speed train to the Olympic venues; now less than two hours away. Allowing for two travel days, any visit should be at least six days long to allow enough time to spectate, explore and enjoy the experience.

2 Do your research: With key venues no more than a half-hour drive from the PyeongChang Olympic Stadium and over 100 events, there will be plenty to keep visitors entertained throughout this compact Winter Games. Familiarise yourself with the action-packed schedule as well as locations. Be aware that there is a significant distance between the mountain and coastal cluster venues, therefore it may be advisable to focus on one or the other for a day rather than attempt to experience both which runs the risk of travel delays and disappointments.

3 Customise your trips: Remember, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for customers, so be aware of their differing needs and sporting passions before planning their itinerary. While athletes will compete for 102 gold medals in 15 sport disciplines, the world’s largest sporting event of 2018 will also welcome six new events to the Olympic family – including Snowboard Big Air, Speed Skating Mass Start and Curling Mixed Doubles. It will also stage the greatest number of women’s and mixed events in Winter Games history.
WesleyMason

Postby O Larsen Beret » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:19 am

This was a fun thread for spam to bump. I've made myself laugh, two years later.

O Larsen Beret

Postby pomfob » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:59 pm

O Larsen Beret wrote:This was a fun thread for spam to bump. I've made myself laugh, two years later.

And as the Winter Olympics are actually on now, let's bump it again, to dunk our spamming brethren.

Is anyone watching Beijing? I'm not, but then we don't have a TV. Curling with pints does sound like a winner though.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Heartland » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:52 pm

Keep watching the Curling in the hope that someone’s broom snaps at a crucial moment and an internal row erupts
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby redc » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:44 pm

I'll leave that spam post alone as it's part of the history of this thread.
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby O Larsen Beret » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:14 pm

Heartland wrote:Keep watching the Curling in the hope that someone’s broom snaps at a crucial moment and an internal row erupts

The ice would have to melt quickly for that.

And I thought rowing was in the Summer Olympics.

O Larsen Beret

Previous

Return to General