Welcome In

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Welcome In

Postby rivers arms » Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Apparently I'm here now, and already somewhat embarrassed. I had much trouble inventing a username as always.

I have been listening to the band since the Decline, and been reading this forum, well.. uh, for a good while too. Have never registered though because I usually haven't got anything to say. I doubt that this situation is going to change much, but it's nice to be a member anyway. I'm a bookbinder from Finland and in my free time I travel, grow edible plants and dabble in various crafts such as blacksmithing, knitting and car-fixing. In fact I used to be in to miniatures and scale models too, can you believe. So, hello everyone.
rivers arms

Postby chester » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:24 pm

How do all,
Same as above really, been reading the forum for abit now but never joined.
Got into the band around 05/06 with open season and promtly bought Decline stright away.
After yrs of wanting to see them live i get the chance this weekend in liverpool , missed them so many times due to work or illness.
Well just be made redundant, so at last i can get to see them live, and even bringing the wife who i have converted from her lust of all things cold play :(.
Even my daughter has dipped into my CDs of late and dads in the cool books, after she took a liking to Decline and Do you like rock music.
So much so she has asked to tag along with us on saturday.
Really looking forward to the gigg as i hear its a good venue and the fact i finally get to see a band i have missed so many times on tour.
My input on here will probably be limited as i am no brain box on the band but
Cheers and thanks for having me on board.
chester

Postby SPT » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:47 pm

chester wrote:How do all,
Same as above really, been reading the forum for abit now but never joined.
Got into the band around 05/06 with open season and promtly bought Decline stright away.
After yrs of wanting to see them live i get the chance this weekend in liverpool , missed them so many times due to work or illness.
Well just be made redundant, so at last i can get to see them live, and even bringing the wife who i have converted from her lust of all things cold play :(.
Even my daughter has dipped into my CDs of late and dads in the cool books, after she took a liking to Decline and Do you like rock music.
So much so she has asked to tag along with us on saturday.
Really looking forward to the gigg as i hear its a good venue and the fact i finally get to see a band i have missed so many times on tour.
My input on here will probably be limited as i am no brain box on the band but
Cheers and thanks for having me on board.

Ay up, wilkommen and that. Not everyone's a fanatical BSP gig goer here. But at least there's not so many on the board as actively dislike the band these days. One or two of course...
You can always outrun a golfer

http://www.soundsxp.com
Always changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/
SPT

Postby Bardo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Good afternoon Everybody

Signed up to the forum this afternoon after it being recommended to me by a fellow fan at the recent Kendal gig. I've been listening since the Decline in early teenage years and have been seeing them live since about the age of 17 if I remember correctly and have caught at least one gig per tour since.

I'm into a whole host of bands as well: Beefheart, Stranglers, Fall and Buzzcocks to name a few. I dare say it was British Sea Power who made me want pick up a guitar and have had a lot to answer for since as a result (friends I've convinced to come to my gigs and buy records as well as neighbours will vouch).

Anyway, I look forward to getting tucked into the forum and perhaps meeting some of you at near future gigs
Bardo

Postby pomfob » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Welcome indeed. If you're free, come to Derby on 10 January, see a sizeable proportion of us at our worst...or is that best?
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby pomfob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:01 am

...though of course there is Krankenhaus in Brighton tomorrow, but I think that's sold out. I'm sure the collective could find you a ticket if you were keen though.
pomfob

Postby Blackout » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:20 am

Always good to have another Stranglers fan on board.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Ken FRASER » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Dunno whether it's worth asking her but has anyone had any problems with getting merchandise from the BSP web-site? Fuckers have taken my money but not sent anything.
Ken FRASER

Postby Blackout » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 am

Ken FRASER wrote:Dunno whether it's worth asking her but has anyone had any problems with getting merchandise from the BSP web-site? Fuckers have taken my money but not sent anything.

No, though sometimes it can take them a while. And if it's the Sea of Brass vinyl they put a post up somewhere about it being delayed. If you message the Shopkeeper directly here they'll probably get back to you or @bspshop on twitter.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Heartland » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:35 pm

I've never had any trouble either and having met the shopkeeper a couple of times, I can assure you he's a thoroughly bloody smashing chap.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby The Shopkeeper » Sat May 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Hello Ken & Friends,

If you've got any queries regarding BSP Shop orders I can be contacted at bspshop@hotmail.com. If you have queries regarding Sea of Brass and/or Decline Reissue releases I'll happily forward them onto Golden Charior for you too.

All the very best,

The Shopkeeper
The Shopkeeper

Postby OWEI » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:04 pm

I concur, the Shopkeeper is an absolutely smashing chap.
OWEI

Postby owler » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Afternoon all

I get an error message when I try to PM people on here - is it a glitch that's affecting everybody?

Cheers!
owler

Postby redc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:34 pm

I think so - my messaging is certainly not working, and I'm sure I've seen others mention PM problems in otherr relatively recent posts.

Not sure what can be done about it. Despite being a moderator, I have now means of communication with 'the powers that be'.
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby pomfob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 am

Maybe contacting PHPBB, the people who nominally own this site?

Alternatively, we could club together and pay Sui to have a look?

*EDIT* If no one else does, I'll have a look at the weekend...

https://www.phpbb.com/support/
pomfob

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power