Sheffield, 21 April 2022

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Sheffield, 21 April 2022

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Brilliant gig last night - the atmosphere was wonderful, musicians and audience all up for it in a very big way. Definitely my favourite (B)SP gig ever. The new material went down an absolute storm, especially Two Fingers and Green Goddess.

I enjoyed Penelope Isles again though the more uptempo, immediate material worked better in the context of a support set - they went a bit intense and ponderous after the first couple of tunes.

Having watched some of their live performances on YouTube I wonder if the reason they don't do Chlorine in this set is because their new bass player doesn't play guitar? The previous lineup played it in a two guitar configuration, with the keyboard player switching to bass and the bass player switching to second guitar.

Slim

Re: Sheffield, 21 April 2022

Postby Bob Fossil » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:00 pm

Just popped onto the forum and saw this and another thread about the forum not being used and thought I'd reply! Basically wanted to agree about Penelope Isles, I saw them in November and they were more upbeat although in an obviously longer set. But great gig, just sorry the lad who kept shouting for Sechs Freunde never got his wish!
....it's one of them innit
Bob Fossil

Postby pomfob » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:36 am

Hard agree on Penelope Isles. This new line up lacks the oomph of the previous one. Shame.

I was chatting with the Sechs Freunde fan in the pub after. Nice lad, terrible taste in Sea Power songs.

A wonderful, if highly emotional gig.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Slim » Thu May 05, 2022 11:44 pm

Sechs Freunde was loudly requested last time they played the Leadmill in 2018, so it's clearly a popular tune in South Yorkshire. The crowd did get their wish, that time :)
Slim

Return to British Sea Power