BAFTA Success

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

BAFTA Success

Postby Digger2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:56 am

Just thought I'd say a huge WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS to BSP on winning a BAFTA last night at the Games awards for the Disco Elysium soundtrack. Well deserved.

I say that of course only having heard snippets of it so far. Here's hoping we may see a physical or streamable version soon.

Cheers guys
Digger2

Re: BAFTA Success

Postby Mr Bod » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:03 pm

A big yes to all that ... loved the sheep focused acceptance speech as well..
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby O Larsen Beret » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:17 pm

It was wonderful news, especially coming after I heard Adam Schlesinger had died.

They're hoping to play it live at some point. A good interview here: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/disco ... ated-score

The game designer is a BSP fan and there the game has lots of BSP references only "hardcore BSP fans" would get.

O Larsen Beret

Postby pomfob » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:21 am

Details of how to download the Disco Elysium soundtrack to BSP’s advantage here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13832#p163008

Main Disco Elysium thread here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13811#p162856
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby redc » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Photos of band members with their recently received awards somehow seems to make the achievement bigger, more significant and more real:

https://www.facebook.com/SeaPowerBand/p ... 9986842958
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby redc » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:38 pm

Judging by the Youtube comments on their recent videos (and I can't even read Cyrillic), the Disco Elysium soundtrack has earned them a raft of new fans, that hopefully the new album will consolidate. I suppose it's fairly typical in the slightly reality shifted world of Sea Power that an arguably minor/non-core activity could turn out to be one of the more significant moments in their history.
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby O Larsen Beret » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:08 pm

redc wrote:Judging by the Youtube comments on their recent videos (and I can't even read Cyrillic), the Disco Elysium soundtrack has earned them a raft of new fans, that hopefully the new album will consolidate. I suppose it's fairly typical in the slightly reality shifted world of Sea Power that an arguably minor/non-core activity could turn out to be one of the more significant moments in their history.

I was clicking profiles of people who rated the soundtrack on rateyourmusic.com, and a fair few of them when on to rate other Sea Power albums after.

I have the game on Switch now - the physical edition was finally released this month. I'm not sure when I'll ever get around to playing it though. Pretty much the only game I've played for 18 months is Breath of the Wild, and that's around 120 hours of game time.

O Larsen Beret

Return to British Sea Power