On A Trip Out

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

On A Trip Out

Postby The Shopkeeper » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:11 pm

I posted this to twitter a while back but for the fans who aren't on twitter I'm posting this here too.

I'm very sad to say that I'll be stepping down from my post as Shopkeeper this week. Before going on a trip out I'd like to say a massive thank you to all the marvellous BSP fans who have supported the BSP Shop over all these years, both on tour and on-line. Starting as Shopkeeper in 2007 I quickly became aware that BSP have a incredibly passionate, massively engaged fan-base. It has been such a pleasure serving you over all these years. A good shop needs good customers and I couldn't have wished for a better bunch. I'll miss you all. Toby x
The Shopkeeper

Re: On A Trip Out

Postby Blackout » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:24 pm

We'll miss you. I certainly will. Your efforts in getting stuff to me despite my living somewhere post gets robbed have always been muchly appreciated.
cath.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby TheAlex » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:29 pm

I'm not a regular Twitterer or Tweeterer, so thanks for posting here. If only BSP had kept the bombed-in designs, maybe you would have stayed. ;)

Thanks for your efforts in helping make the BSP shop the best there is. I imagine you're responsible for getting at least 60% of the upper body clothes I own to me, and around 95% of the upper body clothing I regularly wear. All the best in the land beyond.

Do you have a favourite BSP song, and if so, is it related to your time as The Shopkeeper?
TheAlex

Postby The Shopkeeper » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 pm

That's a really tough one to answer. BSP have made so much wonderful music. Perhaps it depends on mood. However, If I had to choose one favourite track I'd go for When A Warm Wind Blows Through The Grass from Machineries of Joy. An absolute masterpiece in my opinion. It is so strange and atmospheric. I also love the earlier Demo version that came out on the MOJ EP3 release too. That said I do like a good outro - hearing the ending of Oh Larson B at a rain-soaked festival might have been the first time that I really fell in love with their music.
The Shopkeeper

Postby Heartland » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:38 pm

'Mon the shopkeeper.

Top top bloke.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby Marsh Harrier » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:13 pm

All the best, Toby.
Always a pleasure chatting to you, when you were on the stall at gigs and your friendliness and efficiency in the online shop has been much appreciated.
Marsh Harrier

Postby TheAlex » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:29 am

I haven't listened to the MOJ demos since shortly after the album came out, and keep meaning to get around to it. Too...much...new...music...I must stay out of that 2019 thread...
TheAlex

Postby Mr Bod » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:26 pm

Sir you shall be missed, always sorted out my questions quick fast and a joy to talk to at gigs, may you speed back to the BSP fold when the time comes if you so wish,, and i hope you are on to bigger and better things.

I shall also miss the postcards inserted at random in parcels ...
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby avocetboy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Feels like the start of the end

All the best Toby Shopkeeper
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby markcamb » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:02 pm

It has always been a real pleasure ordering from the shop and knowing the shopkeeper. Toby, best of luck in whatever you do now. And thanks for looking after all us BSP customers. It won't be the same.
markcamb

Postby gtw » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm

Ah, all the very best Toby. Gary Pale Fox
how's it going to end?
gtw

Postby YoungHooligan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Oh Toby, no way! It was a pleasure dealing with you and meeting you on the odd tour dates around the country.

All the best in your future film making endeavours and more.

Andy Egg
YoungHooligan

Return to British Sea Power