One band many experiences

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: One band many experiences

Postby Bastian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Great read Cath, fair play. Brought back some nice memories.
Bastian

Postby Blackout » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:21 pm

TheAlex wrote:[Almost Midnight Edit: There are no links past page 30, yet your posts do go way past page 30.]

Aye, Kevo mentioned this last night. This is Tumblr's doing, not mine. It seems you can only have 300 "live" posts at any one time, which obviously I never realised as for five years it's sat there quite happily with its 300 posts. I've put a note on the "about" section now - posts 001-100 are only viewable via the Archive (there is an Archive button on both the computer and phone versions). I've started editing the entries so each one is the date of the actual gig not of posting, so will be easier to find specific entries via the archive page, I've made it as far as 200 and will endeavour to do the lot in the next day or two (but as 101-400 are visible on the 30 standard pages everything is there).
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Blackout » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:03 pm

I've been editing it so each post matches the actual date of the gig. During which I noticed something really quite weird. Given that I can't resist pissing about in Excel, I thought I'd check......

Now bear in mind I go to probably about half the gigs they do (more, in recent years, as there have been fewer support tours or non-uk tours where I might do some but not many) and I obviously favour the north of England slightly over the south or Scotland when it comes to weeknight gigs, but nevertheless, I'd expect my gig patterns to roughly reflect their touring patterns. Me personally I tend to go to roughly the same number of gigs every month aside from December and January when there are fewer gigs overall, however bands tend to tour in February to April and September to November, and most of this is clearly reflected here.

But it seems they really, really don't like playing live in March.

Answers on a (post-punk) postcard.....
Attachments
months.jpg
months.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby TheAlex » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:00 am

They had enough march with Eamon in the band.
TheAlex

Postby booster » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:17 pm

The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything
save our modes of thinking and we thus drift
toward unparalleled catastrophe.
booster

Postby pomfob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:55 am

booster wrote:https://www.google.com/search?q=man+in+bear+costume+arrested&client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Qr0rtOvDiYcKTM%253A%252Cv_jY49N11xhidM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kT8Qeg5Q9yCbKulFCLOsySdSrIarw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjB-u7kkfDeAhXKI8AKHZBZAq0Q9QEwBXoECAYQDA#imgrc=Qr0rtOvDiYcKTM:

Nick?

Nicked.

Though in truth, the senior bear wrangler rarely lowers himself to the off-white bear.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Previous

Return to British Sea Power