is this forum dead

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

is this forum dead

Postby Mr Bod » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:30 pm

and if so can we have a new one please ...
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Re: is this forum dead

Postby Heartland » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:09 pm

One or two of us still look in now and again. Sad if it dies a death.

Had some fantastic help and info from the old regulars over the years.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby Digger2 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm

I really hope it isn’t, but sort of suspect it’s on its death bed. Sad really, cos there’s no alternative where views on specific topics get properly aired. Twitter is just well, tweets,but taint the same.

Take for example, the forthcoming new album. Where is the debate, the comments so far on what we’ve heard? We’ve now had 5 tunes: Doppelgänger, Two Fingers, Folly, Lakeland Echo and Green Goddess. I really love 2F and Folly, both great banging tunes, also love L Echo for its pure sea power awesomeness. But I am struggling with Dopp and GG being anything too great, although the context of the album may change that.

So, thoughts anyone? As The Jimmy Watt telescope will say, is there anyone out there….?
Digger2

Postby Marsh Harrier » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:16 am

I still look in most days. I don't do social media so for me it would be a shame to see it go.
Just casually thought that there have been (B)SP Forums in various forms for around 20 years now....
Marsh Harrier

Postby pomfob » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 am

No, it isn't, but it's been ill for years. Problem is those of us that still use it have no control over it. Actually, I don't think any of the moderators did either, so how we kick off spammers and fix the PM facility is beyond everybody.

Any ideas, folks?
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby andya04 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:50 pm

Nooo, I still check in most days but indeed very quiet lately, anyway got me funder T shirt and enamel badge just before Crimbo which was a nice surprise :)
andya04

Postby Mr Bod » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:31 pm

Well I'm glad my answer is no not dead, well not yet anyway.

Going forward it would be handy to have it back fully working, however as others have said no clue how that can happen!
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby avocetboy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:55 pm

I still pop in. I occasionally go back through old pages. Makes me laugh to see the sort of stuff that was posted. However, sadly and regrettably I think its had its day
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby woosiep » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:58 am

Its a bit sad given there is loads of Seapower activity to be talking about at the moment ...

The new album
The Feb tour
The April Tour
Name change
Press articles and reviews- quite a few at the moment
Krankenhaus 2022

If we cant raise ourselves to talk about these then not a lot of point carrying on!
woosiep

Postby pomfob » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:52 am

Certainly part of the problem for me is the forum is blocked by my work now. Posting from a phone as I am now isn't that easy.

The other issue is that the forum is a bit old hat. Facebook, Instagram & Twitter all deliver information much quicker than this place ever could.

And we mustn't forget that the forum is adrift in a sea of spam. There's no one managing the site or trying to sort out the glitches. How long has the personal message facility been down? I wouldn't know where to start. I know people did try contacting phpBB, but no response.

*Edit* I know I said much the same upthread, but if anyone does have any ideas of how to get the forum working properly, I'm happy to help out.
pomfob

Postby Kattegat » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:48 pm

A lot of band discussions have moved to Reddit, but with 101 members, there isn't a lot of activity over there either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BritishSeaPower/

I have been loving all the songs so far, with Folly and Lakeland Echo probably being my favourites so far. Can't wait to hear them in the full album context.
Kattegat

Postby redc » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:39 pm

I thought I'd had all my (fairly moderate) moderator powers removed, but just found I can still delete posts so I've done a bit of cleaning out..
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby redc » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:46 pm

Anything else I try just produces a "module not accessible" response.
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby pomfob » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:28 am

redc wrote:I thought I'd had all my (fairly moderate) moderator powers removed, but just found I can still delete posts so I've done a bit of cleaning out..

Much appreciated. Nice to know something still works round here.
pomfob

Postby woosiep » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Charioteers...What are you expecting Friday?

From the original list of things I have had;

Postcard (mine was from woody)
MP3s including Doppleganger
Badge
T shirt

so expecting;
Box set as already published
Assume the handwritten lyric will be in the box set but not expecting the photo artwork as Im not sure we were ever asked to submit anything

Pretty good for a band who were not expecting to spend the best part of the last 2 years in mothballs
woosiep

Next

Return to British Sea Power