BSP and Batman and NME

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

BSP and Batman and NME

Postby chrisinleeds » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Imagine my surprise when I opened my Christmas rip-off NME to find a full page picture of Yan and Noble made up as the Joker and Batman. Well, it says its Yan and Noble but it looks more like Hamilton under the makeup. Just a shame the others aren't included and no-one is in tights.

Somehow think Noble would prefer to be Spiderman.
chrisinleeds

Re: BSP and Batman and NME

Postby Muybridge » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:20 pm

You say perhaps that this is romantic nonsense? That when we look at the natural world, even in the near-magic of autumn colour, our impressions can only be subjective? But you must become as a little child to enter this Kingdom.
XIII
Muybridge

Postby kevo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 pm

That's definitely Hammy
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Postby chrisinleeds » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Have they got some sort of running joke with the NME? That's not the first time a picture of Hamilton has been captioned as Yan.
BatmanSeaPower.jpg
BatmanSeaPower.jpg (71.31 KiB) Viewed 11518 times
chrisinleeds

Postby Muybridge » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:43 pm

Noble: "I dressed up as Batman, because Yan's got more of a crazy stare in his eyes so I thought he'd be a better Joker. It was a good laugh. It was like wearing a leotard. I don't dress up often but I do enjoy it when the opportunity arises. And I managed to get a free Batman costume out of it. Every year at my parents' house, my dad dresses up as Father Christmas, so I'm going to surprise him as Batman. Did it make me feel like a bad-ass costume vigilante? A little bit, maybe. It made me very aware of my testices. This New Year we're having a little party and we're actually playing the Batman theme, in the style of Link Wray's version. And then there's a mate of ours who's having his big toes chopped off, so he's going to put the Batman outfit on and do the theme hismself. I'm not sure why."
Yan: "I would have preferred to be The Riddler. Next time! Everyone wants to be The Joker nowadays, don't they? I didn't do much preparation - you just have to be a bit mental. You just have to stop hiding it. I'd like to think I've got that in me. I did like the new film, but Batman's voice did my head in - he was just permanently talking in that husky, monotone voice."
You say perhaps that this is romantic nonsense? That when we look at the natural world, even in the near-magic of autumn colour, our impressions can only be subjective? But you must become as a little child to enter this Kingdom.
XIII
Muybridge

Postby katiyana » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:53 pm

No it is Yan. He had an out-take as his facebook default.
“We live at the edge of the world, so we live on the edge."
katiyana

Postby Smoggy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:54 pm

na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Batmart
Smoggy

Postby wilde » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:29 pm

yep, it is Yan but looks like Ham. they could be brothers!
wilde

Postby leavinghere » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 pm

yan's on facebook?!
leavinghere

Return to British Sea Power