BSP Tan Hill Festival - ticket info etc

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

BSP Tan Hill Festival - ticket info etc

Postby The Secretary » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Dear All,

Here is some information regarding BSP’s forthcoming Sing Ye From The Hillsides! festival at the Tan Hill Inn in Yorkshire.

Sing Ye From The Hillsides!
Hosted by British Sea Power
29-31 August 2008
The Tan Hill Inn
Tan Hill
Richmond
Swaledale
North Yorkshire

Tickets £50 (plus booking fee) from: http://www.ticketline.co.uk
Camping at Tan Hill is included in the ticket price.

At 1,732 feet above sea level, Tan Hill Inn is the the highest pub in the land. BSP played a memorable night at Tan Hill in November 2007. But the all-new BSP Tan Hill festival will take place over three whole days. The programme looks promising.

This three-day, two-night festival will feature three separate and different BSP sets. There will be also be a full supporting musical programme, plus all the other attractions you will only get at Tan Hill - husky racing, duck-herding, a pub quiz, tug 'o war and an attempt to record the loudest ever human voice. This is the right place for the latter - the Tan Hill barman has featured in Guinness World Records in this very category.

To top it all at the pub at the top of the world, British Sea Power have been invited by local brewers the Dent Brewery to create their own BSP beer, which will be on tap throughout the weekend. Tan Hill will be donating all profits from the BSP beer to charity. Those attending will also be able to buy the beer in bottled form.

With thanks,
The Secretary
Last edited by The Secretary on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Secretary

Re: BSP Tan Hill Festival - ticket info etc

Postby captain.riot » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:58 pm

The Secretary wrote:To top it all at the pub at the top of the world, British Sea Power have been invited by local brewers the Dent Brewery to create their own BSP beer, which will be on tap throughout the weekend.

That's scary.
"You don't get that sort of carry-on at an Arcade Fire show."
captain.riot

Postby The Secretary » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:04 pm

No mistake there, Cockers. X
The Secretary

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:10 pm

and don't ring the inn till tonight- the landlady out and no one else knows anything about camping. Or British Power come to that.
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Stuster » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:11 pm

I don't think I can do this, probably moving house that weekend :(

but...

so...

tempting....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Stuster

Postby Smoggy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Somebody lend me £50 ta
Smoggy

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Pale Fox wrote:While I don't doubt the quality of the various offerings that BSP are lining up even now, can we be given at least a few tidbits of information re some of the other bands that might be playing?

are you mad?
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Smoggy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 pm

I'm hoping for a That Volcano reunion
Smoggy

Postby Smoggy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:37 pm

What colour
Smoggy

Postby Smoggy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Pale Fox wrote:Strawberry blonde or burgundy should do the trick.

Thats alright then, those dark haired days are pretty much over. Until I bother to dye it brown again
Smoggy

Postby Stuster » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 pm

I assume it's music on fri\sat and we get to wonder home on the sunday?

hmmmmmmm
Stuster

Postby KendalCalling » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:12 pm

Cold Ethyl wrote:and don't ring the inn till tonight- the landlady out and no one else knows anything about camping. Or British Power come to that.

Camping is included in the price and there's more than enough camping for all.

Stuster wrote:I assume it's music on fri\sat and we get to wonder home on the sunday?

hmmmmmmm

Music on Fri / Sat and something different on the Sunday, followed by tea and then we wander home..
KendalCalling

Postby nora dindian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Doesnt it say 3 performances by BSP? I would have thought one each day/night of fri/sat/sun, and isnt it a b/hol on the monday?

And you know, wouldnt it be better if BSP did the tickets for this, and made the dosh of the booking fees themselves, it would also give them more hits on the website if it was advertised as tickets here. Id rather give the money to BSP than to the ticket people. It would also mean a descent ticket design, instead of those awful generic ones they dish out from the major ticket outlets.
Last edited by nora dindian on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nora dindian

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 pm

KendalCalling wrote:
Cold Ethyl wrote:and don't ring the inn till tonight- the landlady out and no one else knows anything about camping. Or British Power come to that.

Camping is included in the price and there's more than enough camping for all.
Stuster wrote:I assume it's music on fri\sat and we get to wonder home on the sunday?

hmmmmmmm

Music on Fri / Sat and something different on the Sunday, followed by tea and then we wander home..

is it really as the newsboost says 10 quid per person which seemed steep on top of 50 quid ticket plus the booking fee.

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Lieutenant Woodpigeon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:48 pm

nora dindian wrote:Doesnt it say 3 performances by BSP? I would have though one each day/night of fri/sat/sun, and isnt it a b/hol on the monday?

No, sadly.

smoggy wrote:Somebody lend me £50 ta

I would if I could but I can't. Can you lend me £50, please?
Lieutenant Woodpigeon

Next

Return to British Sea Power