Grant sacked

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Grant sacked

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Sat May 24, 2008 6:19 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 418774.stm

What a joke this team is. He takes them to the champions league final for the first time, he takes the Premiership to the last day - (by picking up on quite a bit of ground), with another managers players. Chelsea wont be winning the league next year, I can tell you that now.
Martin Our Pravda

Postby rover » Sat May 24, 2008 6:35 pm

He wouldn't have been my choice, but considering where they were before he joined he has done a brilliant job. Even with Chelski's resources you have to ask what manager would take a job there given the way that they are treated?
The Law of Inverse Relevance: the less you intend doing about something the more you have to keep talking about it.
rover

Postby captain.riot » Sat May 24, 2008 6:38 pm

I feel sorry for the bloke. Drogba and Terry have cost him dearly IMO.
"You don't get that sort of carry-on at an Arcade Fire show."
captain.riot

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Sat May 24, 2008 6:48 pm

rover wrote:Even with Chelski's resources you have to ask what manager would take a job there given the way that they are treated?

This is the case with Leicester now, and look what happened to them! In some cases money can be a hinder if an idiot is pulling it on strings.
Martin Our Pravda

Postby rover » Sat May 24, 2008 7:30 pm

Martin Our Pravda wrote:
rover wrote:Even with Chelski's resources you have to ask what manager would take a job there given the way that they are treated?

This is the case with Leicester now, and look what happened to them! In some cases money can be a hinder if an idiot is pulling it on strings.

Indeed, look at Hearts. Fucking nightmare.
The Law of Inverse Relevance: the less you intend doing about something the more you have to keep talking about it.
rover

Postby mick wright » Sat May 24, 2008 7:46 pm

Wiping any decency out of the club - bloody shame.
What you need the most,
Is beans on cheese on toast. Today.
mick wright

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Sun May 25, 2008 1:26 am

It really is. If Frank Rijkaard fails to win the league next year do you think he will be sacked? Will he fuck! It's all about status. It makes me sick, Grant did a fine job despite his lack of status and yet because he didn't manage to bring back 4 trophies he gets the chop. What if he did happen to win against Manchester United? His side were the better team...If that knob Terry had put it away it would have been a whole different issue, so why does something as small as that moment mean so much? Because their chairman is a twat who knows nothing about football.
Martin Our Pravda

Postby captain.riot » Sun May 25, 2008 1:31 am

Martin Our Pravda wrote:It really is. If Frank Rijkaard fails to win the league next year do you think he will be sacked? Will he fuck! It's all about status. It makes me sick, Grant did a fine job despite his lack of status and yet because he didn't manage to bring back 4 trophies he gets the chop. What if he did happen to win against Manchester United? His side were the better team...If that knob Terry had put it away it would have been a whole different issue, so why does something as small as that moment mean so much? Because their chairman is a twat who knows nothing about football.

"You don't get that sort of carry-on at an Arcade Fire show."
captain.riot

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Sun May 25, 2008 1:45 am

captain.riot wrote:
Martin Our Pravda wrote:It really is. If Frank Rijkaard fails to win the league next year do you think he will be sacked? Will he fuck! It's all about status. It makes me sick, Grant did a fine job despite his lack of status and yet because he didn't manage to bring back 4 trophies he gets the chop. What if he did happen to win against Manchester United? His side were the better team...If that knob Terry had put it away it would have been a whole different issue, so why does something as small as that moment mean so much? Because their chairman is a twat who knows nothing about football.

Please explain this for those who don't recognise the picture?
Martin Our Pravda

Postby blir » Sun May 25, 2008 1:52 am

Was it all just Abramovich feeling humiliated by the loss in his own back yard?
"Has anyone tried to insert a finger into any of their anuses?" - Rake
blir

Return to General