Snapshot

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Postby bancroftboy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:09 am

at work saturday morning, always a bummer. feel like shit, sore throat, headache etc but i'm one of those stupid people that finds it hard to go sick from work.
when i arrived at work i found that one of the other senior staff today HAD gone sick so i have had to come to a tiny satellite branch where it is freezing, the computers hardly work and at time of writing we have had 2 customers in over an hour.
all i want to do is go to bed which is even worse as i had planned a visit to something gloomy tonight to see luxembourg.
ooh look a third customer
its ok they only wanted directions to somewhere else
bancroftboy

Postby Dero » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:25 pm

Martin Our Pravda wrote:myself by buying the 2nd album by the national - "Sad songs for dirty lovers".

Man, I must get their early stuff, I've got a load of it live and I've been listening to it all morning. Lovely stuff.

Currently I'm sat in the office, writing code and listening to Waving Flags. Contemplating searching for coffee in the near future.
Can a man of perception respect himself at all?
Dero

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:23 pm

Tired but satisfied after a day trip on my own (brother was busy doing boring left wing stuff) to see Burnley celebrate 125 years of League football by wearing their origonal colours (like the Argentina kit), and drawing with Stoke 0-0. It was also a chance to see the new manager in charge for his first game - and despite the score it was actualy quite an impressive performance. Certainly some positives to be taken. Anyway it was lovely going to Burnley and Turf Moor, I always get such a warm feeling there (which helps on such a cold day!) everyone says its a shit hole but it's got so much character and the surrounding country side is breath taking. Also I got there early and having nothing to do I just wondered around the ground a bit and I spoke to Alan Mahon (Burnley midfielder) briefly as he was walking about too for some reason. He seemed delighted to talk to a fan, and seemed a really nice person. Was a really good day! But like I said, I'm pretty tired now as I only got about 4 hours sleep after a late night out.
Martin Our Pravda

Postby Blackout » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:13 am

Quality night of spacedreamstargazing things (LabNoise, Insect Guide & The Lightshines)at Salford Kings Arms, where there was yet another person who looked like Dr Alan but wasn't. Now checking email; best spam-message title of the day: "EsmeraldaCockBouffant". Sounds like a Peter North alias. And wondering if the phrase
Martin Our Pravda wrote: it was lovely going to Burnley

has ever been used before, ever.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:45 am

hung over. writing magazine... articles on Citay, Chinese contemporary pop, Sunburned Circle, The Drift, My LIttle Airport,Samara Lubelski, Morr Singles Compilation, Masshivers, Friska Viljor, Nancy Elizabeth, Most Serene Republic, Blixa Bargeld Terry Riley, Jupiter Apple, Steve Reid and MV & EE. If you must know. Listening to Kosmic Radiation radio show (hot Japrock today). Trying to eradicate image of dancing to the Human League wth Scots author Lousie Welsh, who is about 5 foot in high heels.

Martin, didnt Burnley play in green way, way back when too? Sure they did.
Die "beste Show ever" (c) British Sea Power) beinhaltete fliegende Zwiebeln, einen Plüsch-Pferdekopf, Walzer-tanzende Fans und Musiker, das Besteigen der Boxen, das unabsichtliche Zerstören der Speaker (und einer Gitarre und einem Keyboard).
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Yeah, there is some confusion over what our origonal kit was, for many years it has been assumed we wore Amber and we were aparently nicknamed "the hornets" - but recent research uncovered that from 1882-1890 we actually wore blue and white stripes. It's a bit strange, as I would have thought this would have been something that would be written down by some of the thousands of people who went to the game - and there are indeed pictures of us clearly not playing in Amber. Strange it took so long. We wore Green and black stripes the decade after I think, and I'm not exactly sure when but at some point we must have converted to claret and blue. Anyway some people arn't that impressed with the choice of kit though, as at the moment with have around 2 thick light blue stripes, but aparently back in the day it was thin all across the shit. But it looked nice, so I don't mind!
Martin Our Pravda

Postby Cold Ethyl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:07 pm

waiting to put not just any pizza, but an m & s pizza in oven for lunch, while listening to Marillion on itunes. I love Sundays!
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Alex Fop » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:18 pm

Generally noodling around. Was supposed to be having lunch with a friend but that's not happening, so going to go the Imperial War Museum (acting on other people's recommendations to Icehaven on how to spend the afternoon!) and thinking of going to see Beowolf 3D at Imax later.
Alex Fop

Postby Cold Ethyl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:20 pm

Alex Fop wrote:Generally noodling around. Was supposed to be having lunch with a friend but that's not happening, so going to go the Imperial War Museum (acting on other people's recommendations to Icehaven on how to spend the afternoon!) and thinking of going to see Beowolf 3D at Imax later.

Beowulf is great, though i can't quite understand why he looks like Sean Bean but is voiced by Ray Winstone- why not just get Sean " I look good in tight green velvet" to do the voice too?
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Svejk » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:26 pm

last night i was really rude to a local promoter because he was making out with a girl i like. i am replaying it in minute detail :(
Svejk

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Svejk wrote:last night i was really rude to a local promoter because he was making out with a girl i like. i am replaying it in minute detail :(

Curently discussing Svejks sexual proclivities and thwarted ambitions on Messenger. Feel free to join in
Die "beste Show ever" (c) British Sea Power) beinhaltete fliegende Zwiebeln, einen Plüsch-Pferdekopf, Walzer-tanzende Fans und Musiker, das Besteigen der Boxen, das unabsichtliche Zerstören der Speaker (und einer Gitarre und einem Keyboard).
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Cold Ethyl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 pm

Lancashire Fusileer wrote:
Svejk wrote:last night i was really rude to a local promoter because he was making out with a girl i like. i am replaying it in minute detail :(

Curently discussing Svejks sexual proclivities and thwarted ambitions on Messenger. Feel free to join in

that sounds like my kind of conversation- will it involve tights?

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:22 pm

we've done whips and crying
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Cold Ethyl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:29 pm

Lancashire Fusileer wrote:we've done whips and crying

in tandem, or were they two separate topics?

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:34 pm

separate luckily. Now, more bizarrely we have pasta and jealousy
Lancashire Fusileer

PreviousNext

Return to General