Doppelganger...

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Doppelganger...

Postby woosiep » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:32 am

Assume all Rolling Charioteers have received and downloaded? What does everyone think?
I absolutely love it, great chorus, lovely pacing, harmonies, strings- has a sort of european feel to it I cant place (not just the title!) . Will be a great lead off single and can see it getting plenty of airplay.

Cant wait for the album.
woosiep

Re: Doppelganger...

Postby pomfob » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:32 am

I'm not that keen, Doppelganger didn't grab me at all. But I'm not too concerned. All the songs that were released to promote Let The Dancers left me very cold. It wasn't until I heard them in context of the album, on the stereo and quite loud that they all came into focus*. Hearing them in isolation through crappy laptop speakers doesn't do the songs justice. And I don't doubt that live there will be even more layers.

So yeah, really looking forward to the album.

* Ok, still not getting Socks Finder. Why they thought that was the stand out track is beyond me.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Heartland » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Nope, not getting through to me either at the moment.

I have however, been lifted by a comment elsewhere, that a demo track which never made MOJ may feature on the new album. Hope it’s Facts Not Right.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby O Larsen Beret » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:58 pm

I like it very much. I'm not a big fan of either band, but it's almost like if Joy Division were New Order at times.

I'd love a studio version of Facts Not Right too.

O Larsen Beret

Postby Digger2 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:44 pm

I’m sort of glass half full with Doppelgänger. Great production, there’s a lot going on, creates an air of mystery early doors, then it sort of doesn’t go anywhere. Tidy finish but seems to lack that killer something. So let’s see how it fits on the album.

I don’t recall the MOJ outtake reference, but I do remember Noble I think saying there might be a remake of a track off of Disco Elysium featuring on the new album. Which track? My hope would be ‘Ecstatic Vibrations, Totally Transcendant’ cos that is a cool tune. But I hope they give it a better title. At the mo it reads like something from an early Pink Floyd album.
Digger2

Return to British Sea Power