REJOYCE Concorde2 Sunday 3 November

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

REJOYCE Concorde2 Sunday 3 November

Postby Mr Bod » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:52 pm

JOY. Presents
REJOYCE Concorde 2

Door Times 2:00pm - 11:00pm

We are very excited to announce a new day festival at Concorde2 on Sunday 3rd November - REJOYCE.
Brought to you by the team at JOY. - 2019’s inaugural festival features some of the best nationally emerging acts alongside local heavyweight indie heroes BRITISH SEA POWER and Philadelphia’s finest purveyors of rock, 4 piece SHEER MAG. Rejoyce will be an all day event opening at 2PM and running until 11PM with food stands, merch stalls and much more happening throughout the day.

TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE: http://bit.ly/2lDZKuY

(£20+bf - available exclusively via seetickets.com and Resident Music)

BRITISH SEA POWER
SHEER MAG
PORRIDGE RADIO
EMPATH
SINEAD O’BRIEN
THE GOA EXPRESS
BEACHTAPE
RESIDENT MUSIC DJS
JOY. DJS

My first question is how long a set are BSP goner get as headliners?
My second is, anyone know of the other bands?
My third is it being a Sunday when is the last train back to London?

and yes i could answer some of these myself but that takes half the fun out of a forum..
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Re: REJOYCE Concorde2 Sunday 3 November

Postby pomfob » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:41 am

Set length? Dunno, but I'm coming along so it better be good...some of the Friday or Sunday from Krankenhaus would be nice. Tugboat!

Other bands? Only familiar with Porridge Radio. Marc Riley plays them a bit, she has quite an overwrought voice, but I rather like it.

In the fullness of time, I'll do a meet up thread.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby kodswallop » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:16 am

Sheer Mag are the only others I have seen: fairly lively garage rock, with a force-of-nature female vocalist
I'm hoping the BSP set is more Muncaster than Hay-on-Wye
kodswallop

Postby wonderstevie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Dear any and all who might see this,

I eagerly bought 2 tickets for this fine sounding event next month a few weeks back. I did not bother to check with my other half...and it turns out we are very much expected, nay our presence is non-negotiably demanded, elsewhere in the UK.

Anyone want two tickets??

thanks
ws
wonderstevie

Postby pomfob » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Well, for those of you that didn’t make it, the set list won’t come as a shock…

Machineries
Whos in control
Larsen b
What you do
Spring has sprung
Praise for whatever
Bad bohemian
Green goddess
Remember me
Two fingers
Lucifer
Waving flags
Skua
Carrion
Lately

Is it an encore if the group don’t make it offstage? Not on the set list, Spirit Of St Louis closed the proceedings.

While hardly a startling set, a damn fine one with the Epic dial turned to full pretty much all night. What was strange was the lack of bears, foliage and merch. Oh, and punters. Last time they played Concorde 2 it was rammed. Admittedly that was an end of tour high, but it was a bloody Tuesday. Seriously, the place was half full at best, and a fair proportion of the audience only appeared for BSP. You have to question the wisdom of the promoters if they can’t pull a decent crowd, even on a Sunday night.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby redc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:59 pm

I would definitely say that was an "encore" in its truest sense, more so than a planned exit and re-entry. The wait whilst the band decided whether to respond to requests for more was as long as many bands stay off-stage.

The gig itself was unexpectedly loud (but then I'm rarely so near the front these days) almost raucous, but in a good way, with lots of weird noises. Hi-lights for me were Two Fingers and Praise For Whatever (perhaps their most under-rated song?), plus of course Lately and Louis, with a rather ambitious Yan 'crowd' surf during the latter - the same half dozen or so of us having to carry him around the relatively sparse audience.
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby Skinku » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:42 pm

the same half dozen or so of us having to carry him around the relatively sparse audience

Classic
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Return to British Sea Power