By The Sea Festival, Margate, Friday 29 September

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

By The Sea Festival, Margate, Friday 29 September

Postby pomfob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am

It's that time again...anyone else going? I am, stopping over in Ramsgate because it's cheaper & late trains, plus biggest Wetherspoons in the universe or somesuch. Here's a link to the stage times:

http://www.bytheseafestival.com/timings/

I'm aiming to be there in time for Wesley Gonzalez at 1745, definitely want to catch Dutch Uncles at 1845, and then it's Sea Power 1945 - 2045. My interest after than wanes somewhat.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Re: By The Sea Festival, Margate, Friday 29 September

Postby Blackout » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:13 pm

I suppose we should try and get there for Gonzalez given that someone we know has been banging on about him so much, at least just to see what the fuss is all about. Failing that will be in for Dutch Uncles, didn't know they were even playing it. And will probably watch EE for old times' sake at least, I know it's not cool to like them but I was the first person to review them on their 5th ever gig and they used my words on their website for ages and to be honest I've always enjoyed them when I've seen them since. Steve Davis DJ set should be fun, though slightly disappointed it's not the full Steve and Kavus Torabi experience (possibly the only time in the past 20 years at least I have ever actively enjoyed a people-putting-on-records "performance" was them) but I think we can presume he will still be amazing. Late booking on transport meant little choice on affordable trains, so we're actually due to get there about 2pm. Weather permitting, may wander round the coast for a bit. Extremely early booking on accommodation means we are actually in Margate, somewhere.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby pomfob » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:57 am

Due to arrive in Ramsgate 1616, so Wesley G should be achievable. Not entirely sure if he's worth the effort - I liked Let's Wrestle but not convinced by the faux-MOR direction he appears to have taken. Might just explore the cultural highlights of Margate...
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby bancroftboy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:54 pm

I shall be arriving around 3 or 3.30 and going to see the sights of Margate, i.e. the preponderance of micropubs - something the area is famous for.
Anyone is of course free to join me
you lot are a complete army of c*nts!
bancroftboy

Postby Mr Bod » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Stage times means you can skip the rest after them and get back to London after and with day tickets being on offer..

Sadly also means you are pushing it to get to Margate in time if you are working until 5... dam
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Return to Meet ups