Town Hall, Louth, Saturday 16 July

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Town Hall, Louth, Saturday 16 July

Postby pomfob » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Just under a week away, so might as well do a thread here for plans, spare tickets, offers of lifts, etc. I'm stopping in the Priory, and from the hassle I had trying to find somewhere, I presume that a fair few of you lot are booked in the handful of B&Bs in sunny Louth.

I've consulted CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2016, and here's what they have to say about Louth's pubs;

Brown Cow
133 Newmarket
LN11 9EG
'great beer...great community meeting place' A local pub for local people?

Joseph Morton
Pawnshop Passage
LN11 9EZ
It's a 'spoons.

Wheatsheaf
62 Westgate
LN11 9YD
'thatched-roof pub close to St James' church...lovely beer garden'. If the weather's nice, meet there in the afternoon?

Gas Lamp Lounge
13 Thames Street
LN11 7AD
'lit by gaslamps, no music or bandits...four regular beers from the upstairs brewery, plus one guest'. Sounds like the most interesting. Food in the other 3, not here though.

Over to you pop kids for thoughts & suggestions.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Re: Town Hall, Louth, Saturday 16 July

Postby booster » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:38 am

All good.

Brown Cow is by far the best boozer but will be surreally quiet this afternoon as 150(!) regulars get dressed up and board Louth charabancs and head to Market Rasen races Ladies Day. It'll be even more surreal when they return at 18h00 after being on the sauce since 10h30...

Gas Lamp is worth an early doors visit for dog and beer lovers, Greyhound is posh and priced to keep the riff raff out, Kings Head for revolving door lovers, Wheatsheaf for old pub lovers and Cobbles Bar (next to venue) is logistically a good choice, even though it's Burlesque night.

I'll be scuffing round the Town Hall from about 11 trying to organise stuff .. pm me if there's anything you think I can help you with.

See you shortly.
The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything
save our modes of thinking and we thus drift
toward unparalleled catastrophe.
booster

Re: Town Hall, Louth, Saturday 16 July

Postby pomfob » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Most helpful, cheers me dear.

Been dropped at the Wheatsheaf, heading to the Woolpack for 6, check in & more ales in between. All going well so far.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Return to Meet ups