Wakey wakey wakefield

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Wakey wakey wakefield

Postby Blackout » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:35 am

Presumably pre drinking will take place at The Hop, owing to its useful proximity to the station (Westgate) and venue , bewildering choice of ales and pleasant outdoor area, which will be useful if there's covers band playing horrific Rawk classics inside like there was Friday just gone. Not being actually in any way connected to Wakefield myself, just spending too much time there at the moment, alternative/additional suggestions are welcome from any rhubarb types. And it doesn't do food, we have struggled to find nice pre-gig eating in this otherwise fine city, I even ended up going for a subway once out of mild desperation.

Fire away then.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Re: Wakey wakey wakefield

Postby Heartland » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:29 pm

Few locals will be in The Black Rock; it's a bit further away, but it's well worth the walk.

The bar underneath the actual venue is right enough these days as well, although you're unlikely to get a seat.

And finally, right across the road from the gig, there's a cracking pie shop* for after-gig nourishment.

[*Probably not all that cracking if you're a veggie to be fair]
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby Blackout » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Looks good and not really that far. I think I just always end up in the Hop because by the time I've thought about getting off the train we're basically there. Cheers.

Any suggestions of places that sell food not involving meat are still welcome, I do like that Italian place next to the Cuban bar but not when in a bit of a hurry.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby pomfob » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:48 am

Meeting up with a couple of non-forum fans in Leeds for food - Wakefield is, as established, shit for veggies. Will be over in good time for a martini or two.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby pomfob » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:45 am

Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Return to Meet ups