i like trains

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: i like trains

Postby Skinku » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Really?
I ain't got no CD, imaginary people on friendface say they have arrived....
I do really like this album a lot.
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Postby redc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Mine arrived this morning.

I assume those ARE signatures inside, rather than just a spider caught between the folds. Culd be anyone's names really, except for G. Bannister who has virtually printed his name.

Can't wait for going home time so I can listen to it in the car again.

[BTW I have re-"located" in honour of the album - seems rather apropriate for an erstwhile mining engineer into diving]
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby pauloso » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 am

Nice dedication to a very bright young man on the inside credits as well. Did that cost any money Eth?
I keep a shotgun buried in a box.
pauloso

Postby Cold Ethyl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:23 am

pauloso wrote:Nice dedication to a very bright young man on the inside credits as well. Did that cost any money Eth?

it did.. not seen my cd yet or my other goods- i suspect they fear a bad review ;-)
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby pomfob » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

They're on tour as we speak - anyone off to Norwich tonight? Apart from the usual suspects.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby kevo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:18 pm

pauloso wrote:Nice dedication to a very bright young man on the inside credits as well.

Thanks Paul.
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Their show on Sunday night at Oxford was one of the best sets i've seen from anyone - certainly the best gig I've seen in months. Amazingly I havn't caught them live since they were supporting BSP back in 2006...seems I have missed out on quite a lot if that level of performance is usual. Spencer Perceval as an encore was beyond incredible, reminded me of when BSP used to finish with Lately.
Napoleon third were supporting and were brilliant, kind of an odd mixture of Maps and Liars (two of my favorite bands) with Julian Cope esq vocals. Really want to see them again soon.
Martin Our Pravda

Postby Cold Ethyl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Martin Our Pravda wrote:Their show on Sunday night at Oxford was one of the best sets i've seen from anyone - certainly the best gig I've seen in months. Amazingly I havn't caught them live since they were supporting BSP back in 2006...seems I have missed out on quite a lot if that level of performance is usual. Spencer Perceval as an encore was beyond incredible, reminded me of when BSP used to finish with Lately.
Napoleon third were supporting and were brilliant, kind of an odd mixture of Maps and Liars (two of my favorite bands) with Julian Cope esq vocals. Really want to see them again soon.

good to see you and glad you enjoyed it- the short answer is yes you've missed out quite a lot ;-)
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby pomfob » Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Their forum is still kaput, so why not use this thread till it's fixed?
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Rake » Thu May 26, 2011 4:48 pm

For some strange reason that I haven't worked out yet I've been avoiding iliketrains, maybe in case ilikethemtoomuch. I think I'm ready now though to give them a go, but where to start?
Rake

Postby Skinku » Thu May 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Progress - Reform, is their classic first long EP, then get their latest album He Who Saw The Deep, both brilliant.
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Postby Cold Ethyl » Thu May 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Skinku wrote:Progress - Reform, is their classic first long EP, then get their latest album He Who Saw The Deep, both brilliant.

the big man speaks the truth.. I am also rather partial to the Christmas Tree Ship instrumental EP and the motley collection of early demos that are available online.. not so good is their debut album Elgies..bit of a one dimensional piece imho though a few great tracks on it.. Victress which is a B side of The Deception is excellent even if the chorus' lyrics are a direct lift from Leonard Cohen.

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Rake » Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 am

Cheers both, I'm on it.
Rake

Postby Rake » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:49 pm

He Who Saw The Deep is ace, haven't listened to Progress yet...
Rake

Postby Cold Ethyl » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 am

glad you like it!

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music