I Like Trains (Part the 30th...)

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

I Like Trains (Part the 30th...)

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Were fucking epic at Haldern. Played in a true graveyard slot, (2nd band on, 3rd day); 12.30, sweltering heat, to a field full of mildly bemused (but ultimately supportive) Germans.

The band never shook my tree too much before, though I've always dug their ideas and whatnot, but Jesu H their new songs sound immense, especially the single.. and the way they kicked out was tremendous; almost (dare I say it) cock rock...

If they carry on like this I'm going to start paying attention.

Dug the Johnny Cash black suits. Gad, sir, they look like men.

Haldern was bonkers, the place is Narnia and the fields are full of Hobbits
Die "beste Show ever" (c) British Sea Power) beinhaltete fliegende Zwiebeln, einen Plüsch-Pferdekopf, Walzer-tanzende Fans und Musiker, das Besteigen der Boxen, das unabsichtliche Zerstören der Speaker (und einer Gitarre und einem Keyboard).
Lancashire Fusileer

Re: I Like Trains (Part the 30th...)

Postby Cold Ethyl » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Lancashire Fusileer wrote:Were fucking epic at Haldern. Played in a true graveyard slot, (2nd band on, 3rd day); 12.30, sweltering heat, to a field full of mildly bemused (but ultimately supportive) Germans.

The band never shook my tree too much before, though I've always dug their ideas and whatnot, but Jesu H their new songs sound immense, especially the single.. and the way they kicked out was tremendous; almost (dare I say it) cock rock...

If they carry on like this I'm going to start paying attention.

Dug the Johnny Cash black suits. Gad, sir, they look like men.

Haldern was bonkers, the place is Narnia and the fields are full of Hobbits

so we'll be fighting over the new album to review then ;-) new stuff is great.. much bigger sound if that was possible.. I can't help but hear early U2 and Big Country in the guitars which is no bad thing ...
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:34 pm

They were really great, they've turned a corner with me, certainly, tho' not sure when the LP's out.

Grizzly Bear & Bon Iver were fucking shit hot too
Die "beste Show ever" (c) British Sea Power) beinhaltete fliegende Zwiebeln, einen Plüsch-Pferdekopf, Walzer-tanzende Fans und Musiker, das Besteigen der Boxen, das unabsichtliche Zerstören der Speaker (und einer Gitarre und einem Keyboard).
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Blackout » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 pm

choo choo! anyone getting on board?

station stops are as follows:

14th October - Liverpool Barfly
15th October - Manchester Deaf Institute
16th October - Leeds Cockpit
17th October - Glasgow King Tuts
19th October - Nottingham Rescue Rooms
20th October - Bristol Cooler
21st October - Oxford Bullingdon Arms
22nd October - London Garage
23rd October - Birmingham Hare and Hounds
24th October - Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms (+ The Strange Death of Liberal England)
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Wicker Man » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Lancashire Fusileer wrote:Grizzly Bear & Bon Iver were fucking shit hot too

Grizzly Bear are an astounding live band.
Wicker Man

Postby pauloso » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:10 am

You may be shocked by this, but myself, Sinned and Kevo are doing the Portsmouth gig. The Wedgewood Rooms even make their lovely own old-school tickets. Yum.
I keep a shotgun buried in a box.
pauloso

Postby Blackout » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:41 pm

I have been contemplating it but I strongly suspect that if I'm heading southcoastwards that day the Maps magnet will take me to Southampton instead... why do bands do this to me?
And there she was....

Blackout

Postby pomfob » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 am

Dreadful band, dunno what anyone sees in them...

...Only joking! Leeds, Glasgow & Birmingham for me. Damn early start to go to Glasgow, but never mind. Should be able to fit in a visit to Monorail. Excellent.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Cold Ethyl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:23 pm

despite the recent finding of a mutation at position 627 on the PB2 gene of H1N1(A) I will in theory be attending Manchester, Leeds, London, Brum and Portsmouth.. I have bought some hand gels, and boosted my supply of facemasks so I'll be the strange looking dumpy middle-aged lady with a tendency towards OCD in the front row.
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Raumfahrer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:52 pm

i'm hoping to go to Brum but it depends on many other things. be wared though, Brum crowds are notoriously shite; i had 2 fuckers standing right behind me, talking all the way through spectrum.

i also have a bit of a request; my computer had a hissy fit and i needed to reboot it and in the process i lost a hell of a lot of music, inculding all my iLiKETRAiNS mp3s which were recorded before the EP and LP were released. can anybody help?
Raumfahrer

Postby Blackout » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Cold Ethyl is almost certainly your lady for this. I'm so shit I only ever had them on a CDR and have lost it...

I can't do Brum any more but will be there two days later for Maps. never been to the venue before, is it nice?
And there she was....

Blackout

Postby Raumfahrer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Blackout wrote:Cold Ethyl is almost certainly your lady for this. I'm so shit I only ever had them on a CDR and have lost it...

I can't do Brum any more but will be there two days later for Maps. never been to the venue before, is it nice?

yeah, its a really nice little room on top of a pub, does get quite hot there though.
Raumfahrer

Postby Cold Ethyl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Raumfahrer wrote:i'm hoping to go to Brum but it depends on many other things. be wared though, Brum crowds are notoriously shite; i had 2 fuckers standing right behind me, talking all the way through spectrum.

i also have a bit of a request; my computer had a hissy fit and i needed to reboot it and in the process i lost a hell of a lot of music, inculding all my iLiKETRAiNS mp3s which were recorded before the EP and LP were released. can anybody help?

i have some if not all on various computers in the house.. it maybe that i can somehow get them all on one and then onto a cd for you as the power of the internet is not great in this house at the mo and an mp3 would almost certainly vanish into the ether.. it may take some time but feel free to pm with address and i will do my best

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Raumfahrer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Cold Ethyl wrote:
Raumfahrer wrote:i'm hoping to go to Brum but it depends on many other things. be wared though, Brum crowds are notoriously shite; i had 2 fuckers standing right behind me, talking all the way through spectrum.

i have some if not all on various computers in the house.. it maybe that i can somehow get them all on one and then onto a cd for you as the power of the internet is not great in this house at the mo and an mp3 would almost certainly vanish into the ether.. it may take some time but feel free to pm with address and i will do my best

if you could that would be amazing and would buy you a beer (or other beverage of your choice) in Brum, thank you
Raumfahrer

Postby kevo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:12 am

Everyone should get down to the Portsmouth one because they are supported by the brilliant Strange Death of Liberal England.
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Next

Return to Other Music