one down......

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

one down......

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:31 pm

sad day indeed as Ashley ILT announces his departure from the band- one less cornet player in the world of rock.
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Blackout » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Shite.

Oh well, that's them fucked then. There's a million post-rock-indie swirlers in Leeds, but only one cornet playing hairy projectionist...
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:45 pm

Blackout wrote:Shite.

Oh well, that's them fucked then. There's a million post-rock-indie swirlers in Leeds, but only one cornet playing hairy projectionist...

i wonder if a whole new direction is imminent? apparently album didn't sell that well so guess money tight and a new image hastily in the offing...
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Blackout » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 pm

The music business is a harsh and unforgiving place, and I sometimes wish my passion was for tropical fish or something, I'd see fewer lovely people get hurt.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Pale Fox wrote:
Cold Ethyl wrote:
Blackout wrote:Shite.

i wonder if .....a new image hastily in the offing...

Are you hoping for panto tights, capes, leiderhosen etc Eth?

are you telepathic?

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Blackout wrote:The music business is a harsh and unforgiving place, and I sometimes wish my passion was for tropical fish or something, I'd see fewer lovely people get hurt.

it is a shame as the slide shows and films added an extra dimension to the music- must say the recent stuff was more tuneful if that is the word I am looking for and less of the swirling epics- perhaps a full circle is imminent and I'll get to hear Swingbridge played live

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Smoggy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:52 pm

I'll blow a hooter and press play on a projecter if they want
Smoggy

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Smoggy wrote:I'll blow a hooter and press play on a projecter if they want

You'll use tissues in both eventualities I hope
Die "beste Show ever" (c) British Sea Power) beinhaltete fliegende Zwiebeln, einen Plüsch-Pferdekopf, Walzer-tanzende Fans und Musiker, das Besteigen der Boxen, das unabsichtliche Zerstören der Speaker (und einer Gitarre und einem Keyboard).
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:59 pm

they don't want- that's the point- unless you will do it for free naked?

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby Smoggy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Cold Ethyl wrote:

I'll keep my pants on.

It's not much fun when a band that are good at doing something do something else, The EP was better than the album yeah but the album wasn't awful, just needed to be more like the EP and before...

Awesome hardcore punk rockers Fucked Up seemingly going the other way, and are going swirly shoegaze with shouting over the top of it..
Smoggy

Postby Cold Ethyl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Smoggy wrote:
Cold Ethyl wrote:

I'll keep my pants on.

It's not much fun when a band that are good at doing something do something else, The EP was better than the album yeah but the album wasn't awful, just needed to be more like the EP and before...

Awesome hardcore punk rockers Fucked Up seemingly going the other way, and are going swirly shoegaze with shouting over the top of it..

the problem with the album wasn't Ashley- it was that they decided to write songs to order round a theme and often they felt forced- there are several really good tracks on it and a few that should have been strangled at birth- I'd like to see them go back to the feel of some of the very early stuff myself but guess it'll be a case of wait and see.

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Return to Other Music