anyone seen

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

anyone seen

Postby chester » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:19 pm

David R Black,, well worth seeing if your stuck for a gig.
Also been getting back into Spear of Destiny and theatre of hate, been to see both in the last few
Months along with Alabama Shakes twice.
Caught the Undertones in liverpool last month , superb and will be seeing them again in manchester soon.
Walk the moon at Gorilla wernt my cup of tea but everyone else seemed happy enough in there
chester

Re: anyone seen

Postby Blackout » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:39 pm

I've never understood why David R Black have a name that makes them sound like one person, when they're a band of 3 people. You see one person's name on a gig listing and you just assume it's going to be a solo artist, probably of the singing and guitar variety, unless you know otherwise - well I know I do (most solo artists in other genres tending to use band type names or pseudonyms). And yes I have seen them, not really my cuppa but their drummer is a nice chap, he and his splitter van have helped many a Manchester band to and from London gigs over the years.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Re: anyone seen

Postby chester » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Tis odd the name thing, more so the founding member was a girl or so i am told.
They played thw Parr hall warrington last night with SLF.
Got a new album out soon what i heard is not bad at all, but agree qont be everyones cuppa.
chester

Return to Other Music