Woollens

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Woollens

Postby Wicker Man » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 am

ORK (Original Red Kite) wrote:My money's on Rake...

There's evidence earlier in this thread to back up your theory. I reckon he'll post a picture of himself wearing it, later, striking a pose with elements of both 'smug bastard' and 'gay pout'.
Wicker Man

emergency student loans for books

Postby vipfinestdotcom » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:31 pm

jd robb used eve dallas books
vipfinestdotcom

Re: emergency student loans for books

Postby Bert Doncaster » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:56 pm

vipfinestdotcom wrote:jd robb used eve dallas books

Blind Lemon Dixon enjoyed an iced fruit sinclair every afternoon.
Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them.
Bert Doncaster

Postby Wicker Man » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:33 am

With the scent of autumn in the air, it occurs to me I only have a couple of servicable woollens for the coming season, and one of those is starting to look a little frayed. So are my finances, so I've given myself a £40 budget to invest in a new jumper. GTW's 'barley sugar orange' reference on another thread reminded me of this pully, which I spotted in a shop window earlier in the year and lo, it is now on sale and within my means. Should I proceed, or is orange a silly colour on a grown man? http://www.reissonline.com/mens/mens-sa ... st/?q=sale
Wicker Man

Postby Thing2 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 pm

It's very nice.
Regarding the colour choice - you can get away with anything if you are, or pretend to be posh. As demonstrated by the gentleman on the left

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Thing2

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Wicker Man wrote:With the scent of autumn in the air, it occurs to me I only have a couple of servicable woollens for the coming season, and one of those is starting to look a little frayed. So are my finances, so I've given myself a £40 budget to invest in a new jumper. GTW's 'barley sugar orange' reference on another thread reminded me of this pully, which I spotted in a shop window earlier in the year and lo, it is now on sale and within my means. Should I proceed, or is orange a silly colour on a grown man? http://www.reissonline.com/mens/mens-sa ... st/?q=sale

I think this all depends on the trouser. What type/colour trouser will you be wearing?
I like it though. I like it a lot.
It's like everything you never said but always meant to say
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Wicker Man » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks, both - you've given me the confidence I need to go ahead. I think it would work well twinned with brown moleskin trousers, if they can still be found - not baggy ones, mind. I'm not at all posh, sadly, and my flat vowels always let me down when pretend to be. Perhaps if I painted Terry-Thomas-style gap between my front teeth, like the one in that photo, and said as little as possible, I could get away with it.
Wicker Man

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:32 am

Thinking of woollens always makes me think of
Die "beste Show ever" (c) British Sea Power) beinhaltete fliegende Zwiebeln, einen Plüsch-Pferdekopf, Walzer-tanzende Fans und Musiker, das Besteigen der Boxen, das unabsichtliche Zerstören der Speaker (und einer Gitarre und einem Keyboard).
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Wicker Man » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 am

Wicker Man

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

I bloody love jumpers, me. I can't wait for September. Woodland walking in misty mornings with my best jumper on.
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Wicker Man » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Did you ever find one like that black and white number you were lusting after back in the day?

It smelled a bit autmny outside today. I was picking blackberries and looking forward to collecting driftwood on the beach, to get the fire going.

There used to be girls on this forum. I don't know what happened to them, but I wish they'd pop in while I'm talking about jumpers and log fires. I could post a picture of myself holding an axe, with my sleeves rolled up.
Last edited by Wicker Man on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wicker Man

Postby Thing2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:32 am

Isn't Wendelin a girl's name?
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Thing2

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 am

Wicker Man wrote:Did you ever find one like that black and white number you were lusting after back in the day?

It smelled a bit autmny outside today. I was picking blackberries and looking forward to collecting driftwood on the beach, to get the fire going.

There used to be girls on this forum. I don't know what happened to them, but I wish they'd pop in while I'm talking about jumpers and log fires. I could post a picture of myself holding an axe, with my sleeves rolled up.

No, never got a hold of it. I'm always looking for the perfect jumper. It's a feather in the wind.

Day off today. Got some housework to do then I plan a walk in the woods. If it doesn't rain. I might go up to my barrow or pay a visit to the hillfort. I love the fact I can see a hillfort from my front room.

You could have the top of a yorkie showing in the back pocket of your moleskins too. Subliminal, you know, big tough male.
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:08 am

Thing2 wrote:Isn't Wendelin a girl's name?

Probably.

Don't you hate the "you cannot make another post so soon after your last" message?

It gets right on my fat tits that does.
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:17 am

My tits aren't fat btw. I've actually been on a bit of a healthy eating thing for the last month and am feeling reasonably trim. Not fit though. I smoke far too much for that.
Wendelin of Trier

PreviousNext

Return to General