New Doctor Who to be announced today

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: New Doctor Who to be announced today

Postby Raumfahrer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:43 pm

GTW wrote:As if ANY of these films (apart from perhaps Avatar) are fit to lick the boots of a Tim Burton film. Pfhhhh.

the most overated director in recent years. good visuals, hasn't crafted a decent story in a decade. I'm boycottign the film because its going to be another in the long line of shit films made by Tim "Did i mention i;m married to Helena Bonham Carter. Look, shes in my film again!" Burton.
Raumfahrer

Postby kate o » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Raumfahrer wrote: Tim "Did i mention i;m married to Helena Bonham Carter. Look, shes in my film again!" Burton.

This angers me too. I don't even rate HBC. (Sweeney Todd was rubbish.)
kate o

Postby GTW » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 pm

I thought Sweeney Todd was brilliant. And Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was good as well.
GTW

Postby Wicker Man » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:07 pm

A tweet I have just read (simmer down, falconscotch):

"Good news for people who like to watch films through the aroma of wet dogs. Odeon will show Alice in Wonderland after all"

Still go and see it at the Ritzy if you can, though. Or not at all, if you prefer (which I do).
Wicker Man

Postby GTW » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks wicker man. Its a shame that I won't now have good reason to go the Ritzy, but naturally it makes sense to see it on my own doorstep.
GTW

Postby Wicker Man » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh no! Me and my big mahhf.
Wicker Man

Postby GTW » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:15 pm

While we are on the subject of Alice. check out the original.... a whole 107 years old! Looking good for her age

http://www.bfi.org.uk/nftva/work/alice.html
GTW

Postby pomfob » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Raumfahrer wrote: Tim "Did i mention i;m married to Helena Bonham Carter. Look, shes in my film again!" Burton.

Yeah, but be fair. She's gorgeous. And if the way to keep her is to stick her in every film, fair play to him. I would.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Wicker Man » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Spitfires in space!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_JghwTWaA
What's more, they appear to be dogfighting with a Dalek flying saucer!
All they need to do now is slap 'Spirit of St Louis' over the top and I'll... I dunno... pay my license fee or something.
Wicker Man

Postby GTW » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:40 pm

So what did people think?

I loved Matt as The Doctor. Not sure about the new title sequence tho - thought the lightening was a bit 80s, and the music has become thudding and lost its melody. But two thumbs up otherwise.
GTW

Postby talia » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:23 pm

I totally loved Matt Smith as the new Doctor! He added so muh fun and freshness to a series that was becoming a bit tired.
I really like the new sidekick too. She was feisty and not at all annoying like Billy Piper or Catherine Tate.
The plot was a bit thin, but I can forgive them that because it was all about introductions rather than narrative.

I will certainly be watching this week in expectation!
talia

Postby Raumfahrer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 pm

i really liked him, i thought he did a good job (fishfinger custard, top notch). Amy pond (ickle and big) was brilliant and (big amy was a bit sexy which i have no problem (and for everyone complaining, pencil skirts and stockings might be a bit racy, yes, but only if you're in 1950). looking forward to great things.

oh, and for the record Sweeny Todd, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Planet of the Apes, Big Fish were all shit, the batman films are overrated and are carried by the leads *(seriously, the stories are shit) and hes not done a good film since Sleepy Hollow.
Raumfahrer

Postby meanmrmustard » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 pm

talia wrote:I really like the new sidekick too. She was feisty and not at all annoying like Billy Piper or Catherine Tate.

Sex on (very long) legs
meanmrmustard

Postby Lieutenant Woodpigeon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Matt Smith seems to be a lot less irritating than David Tennant, and long may that continue. The programme is a bit "Radio 1" in places, though. I hope that Mr. Moffat remembers that big people watch it, too.
Wave to the Wottingers.
Lieutenant Woodpigeon

Postby rover » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Pleasantly surprised by Matt Smith. He did a very good job IMO. And Karen Gillan is excellent and very very fit. Hurrah!
The Law of Inverse Relevance: the less you intend doing about something the more you have to keep talking about it.
rover

PreviousNext

Return to General