Snapshot

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Postby ceecee » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Did some work - talked to some builders (dampproofing a chimneybreast) and an electrician (haha - damn!), failed again to choose any wallpaper at Laura Ashley, hesitated again about what to do with the ugly kitchen cabinets (keep them and paint them white, change the doors, or a combination of both), realised there is no way I will have the expensive furniture I want on my budget and all this "building". Oh, and asked for a quote for sanding a floor on the phone.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
ceecee

Postby Cosmic Debris » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:05 pm

Cath Aubergine wrote:Both wrong. I wiped it on the Evening News.

Marry me! I know we could make it work...
Hangers-on at the fringes of the great racket.
Cosmic Debris

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:19 am

Ah I'm loving this national record! They are amazing, it's so rare you find a band who are at the very top of the scale both live and on record.
Martin Our Pravda

Postby Spaceman! » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:16 am

Martin Our Pravda wrote:Ah I'm loving this national record! They are amazing, it's so rare you find a band who are at the very top of the scale both live and on record.

Boxer? its a cracker, isn't it?
"One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz."
visit my blog; THE GUEST ROOM
Spaceman!

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:34 am

Nah I already had Boxer, it is indeed great. I've just bought "Sad songs for dirty lovers".
Martin Our Pravda

Postby NicholasVanWotsisface » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:51 am

Tired, want to go home and put wood on the stove
NicholasVanWotsisface

Postby Cold Ethyl » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:59 am

NicholasVanWotsisface wrote:Tired, want to go home and put woody on the stove

harsh. what's he ever done to you?
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby NicholasVanWotsisface » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:47 am

Lets just say I reached in to a fridge for a beer, grasped what I thought was a stubbie...
NicholasVanWotsisface

Postby Alex Fop » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:06 am

That sounds like my kind of morning Nic!

Lovely morning to walk around the dock today. Very happy to see the cormorants and the tufted ducks. Listened to some of Reel to Reel Cacophony by Simple Minds on the ipod, before finishing my walk with Waving Flags, whilst all the time making drastic cuts to my monthly outgoings in my head.
Alex Fop

Postby Spaceman! » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:39 pm

Martin Our Pravda wrote:Nah I already had Boxer, it is indeed great. I've just bought "Sad songs for dirty lovers".

ah, ok. thats a good one too, some really great songs on there, though not my favourite.
"One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz."
Spaceman!

Postby Martin Our Pravda » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:52 pm

Do you like the Magnetic Fields Spaceman? I think they have a similar ish sound to the National, both have a sort of alt country influence from stuff like Wilco etc.
Martin Our Pravda

Postby NicholasVanWotsisface » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Trying to make my manager understand that setting out to lie to the new bosses isn't a great idea, when it will me me submitting the report every week.
NicholasVanWotsisface

Postby Alex Fop » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:48 pm

Just been playing on Orange's neverending website! Lots of fun!

http://unlimited.orange.co.uk/flash/go
Alex Fop

Postby Spaceman! » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:17 pm

Martin Our Pravda wrote:Do you like the Magnetic Fields Spaceman? I think they have a similar ish sound to the National, both have a sort of alt country influence from stuff like Wilco etc.

i ahve to say, i've not really heard anything by them. will check them out.
Spaceman!

Postby Alex Fop » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:19 am

Gary is out of bed, listening to Adam and Joe on 6, looking forward to kippers for breakfast later, excited about the prospect of that climate change denyer Howard being kicked out of office and replaced by someone who will sign the Kyoto protocol, and looking forward to a day of fun, music and tiddly winks with good friends.
Alex Fop

PreviousNext

Return to General