Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re:

Postby pomfob » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:13 pm

captain.riot wrote:Jimmy Eat World


Even the band aren't particularly fond of it. They basically borrowed it from another group that didn't need it any longer, were stuck with it, and when they were looking at merchandising noticed the initials weren't going to look great on a t-shirt.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
User avatar
pomfob
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Where the one eyed bear is king

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby Mr Bod » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Chumbawamba
Do Me Bad Things
Fight Like Apes
Fightstar
Gang Gang Dance
The Killers
Ned's Atomic Dustbin
Passion Pit
The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Pussy Galore
Razorlight
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
Rockers Hi-Fi
Sonic Boom Six
ssssnakes
U2

all shit names..
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
User avatar
Mr Bod
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby pomfob » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 am

Mr Bod wrote:Chumbawamba
Do Me Bad Things
Fight Like Apes
Fightstar
Gang Gang Dance
The Killers
Ned's Atomic Dustbin
Passion Pit
The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Pussy Galore
Razorlight
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
Rockers Hi-Fi
Sonic Boom Six
ssssnakes
U2

all shit names..


I'm either in agreement or ambivalent to that list...but Pussy Galore? That's one of the best names ever - rude, and referencing a top 5 Bond woman (but that's a whole other debate*)





*No debate at all. Number one is Diana Rigg, obviously.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
User avatar
pomfob
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Where the one eyed bear is king

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby Mr Bod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Ok your right, they can be removed from said list
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
User avatar
Mr Bod
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby Blackout » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:06 pm

This thread wouldn't exist on a facebook group fan ding dong post post post where did the thread go again page, would it? But you know that and I know that ;)

back on topic though - or actually against the topic but who cares it's not like anyone else is even reading this - can we all agree that Bilge Pump is the best band name ever?
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
User avatar
Blackout
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:02 pm
Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby Rake » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Blackout wrote:This thread wouldn't exist on a facebook group fan ding dong post post post where did the thread go again page, would it? But you know that and I know that ;)

back on topic though - or actually against the topic but who cares it's not like anyone else is even reading this - can we all agree that Bilge Pump is the best band name ever?


It's certainly up there Cath. My personal favourite, and possibly a thread in it's own right regarding tribute band names, is local Bon Jovi tribute act By Jovi.
Rake
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby Mr Bod » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Blackout wrote: it's not like anyone else is even reading this -


I for one just read it and great tribute acts names may well be worth a new thread...

May i start with The Misters of Circe ..

or just for pomfob Fallen Women who i am told are a live karaoke band who play Fall song with audience members singing...
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
User avatar
Mr Bod
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby pomfob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Mr Bod wrote:
Blackout wrote: it's not like anyone else is even reading this -


I for one just read it and great tribute acts names may well be worth a new thread...

May i start with The Misters of Circe ..

or just for pomfob Fallen Women who i am told are a live karaoke band who play Fall song with audience members singing...


I've yet to see Fallen Women do their thing, but they're on the list.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
User avatar
pomfob
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Where the one eyed bear is king

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby pomfob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Oh, and as the self-appointed archivist of this here forum (will take on any other self-appointed archivists in a winner-takes-all game of tiddlywinks), there is a great names of bands thread, and it is here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1825
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
User avatar
pomfob
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Where the one eyed bear is king

Re: Terrible Band Names (regardless of output)

Postby Blackout » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Good to see I have been consistent in my citing of the almighty Bilge Pump.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
User avatar
Blackout
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:02 pm
Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests