Remember Him - Mark Hollis

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Remember Him - Mark Hollis

Postby Rake » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Absolutely gutted. The Colour of Spring is one of the greatest albums of all time imho. Love Spirit of Eden too, both are hauntingly beautiful works. The Colour of Spring will always hold a particularly fond place in my heart as being a big part of the soundtrack to a week's fieldwork in the Malham area, wonderful times. However, it's an album that has also survived the test of time remarkably well. Hollis was a self-taught innovator and an inspiration to me. Listening to April 5th now with a tear in my eye.
Rake

Re: Remember Him - Mark Hollis

Postby flatland juz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:47 pm

Sorry, a bit tardy but... absolutely. One of the greats. Wasn't ever expecting any new music but what we had was beautifully wrought from start to finish (I include The Party's Over - synthy 80s stuff but great songs) so will always respect his talent. Talk Talk's music never gets old for me. I have fond memories of seeing them on The Colour of Spring tour and it was great. Yes, this makes me old.
flatland juz

Re: Remember Him - Mark Hollis

Postby Rake » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am

Really wish I'd see them live, particularly on that tour.
Rake

Return to General