Morning, Monday again, how was your weekend?

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Morning, Monday again, how was your weekend?

Postby NicholasVanWotsisface » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:39 am

Goes too quickly
NicholasVanWotsisface

Re: Morning, Monday again, how was your weekend?

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 am

Nice.

Flew a kite for the first time, like, eva.
Exchanged messages with a gorgeous female.
Went up de auld Chiltern Hills for a stroll.
Had a meal in wagamamas.
Re-strung my guitar.
Wrote for album 2.
Started to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
It's like everything you never said but always meant to say
Wendelin of Trier

Postby redc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:12 pm

16 hours of night shift - actually 15 because of the hour jump* and a relatively light work load on Saturday, despite being 1 team member down (out of 8).

Best thing is it means I don't have to face work again til next Monday night.

Second best thing is that, being the end of my 5th (weekly) shift, I felt confident enough to listen to my mp3 player for the first time and this gave me a feeling of supreme superiority over my many colleagues who listen to their own music as I explored the less regularly accessed parts of my phone's memory stick (never heard all 3 Can Lost Tapes before). I did have to almost physically restrain myself from letting out an audible "whoop" when Drive In Saturday came on as it is for the most part a silent office.

* If Scotland vote for independence - does that mean we can stop buggering about with time?
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby Airbrushed From History » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:41 pm

7 mile walk around Rydal Water and up Loughrigg Fell on Saturday morning. Drive to Kirkby Stephen and then onto Reeth along Swaledale in the afternoon - reconnaissance for my forthcoming Coast to Coast walk. BTW - I'm raising money for my local hospice - any donations gratefully received - PM me for the details. It was bleeding misty in the Dales.

Sunday started at home with the in-laws round for a Mother's day Sunday lunch. In the evening we went to Jon Ronson's talk about Frank Sidebottom at the Dancehouse in Manchester. Entertaining stuff featuring a bonus reunion of the Oh Blimey Big Band fronted by Chris Sievey's son.
British Sea Power Forum Official Celebrity Short Description Mid Winter Word Search Competition Winner 2007.
Airbrushed From History

Postby cheesevendor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Last edited by cheesevendor on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheesevendor

Postby gtw » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Saturday: Nice walk up the river, a light bite (lamb and rhubarb korresh - recommended) at Leon London Bridge. Then on to a friend's 50th for the rest of the evening.

Sunday: Pleasant walk down the river. Lunch in The Old Loyal Britons in Greenwich, then walked on through to the 02. Beers in The Pilot Inn, outside which Blur filmed their Parklife video. Rounded the day off watching latest episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine and Stewart Lee Comedy Vehicle.
how's it going to end?
gtw

Postby Thing2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:03 am

Wots a weekend?
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Thing2

Return to General