Welcome In

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Welcome In

Postby The Shopkeeper » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 pm

On behalf of all at British Sea Power HQ we would like to extend a very warm "Welcome In" to all new forum members.

Unfortunately the Forum has been locked to newcomers for the past year due to problems with Spam.

The forum is the online home of the wider community of British Sea Power, constellations of stars which surround the twinkling BSP galaxy. Amongst these pages you will find divergent opinions, humorous banter and, occasionally, outspoken rants. We welcome all BSP fans, new and old, to add to this lively ongoing discussion.

There is only one rule to abide by which is: No postings which are abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or any other material that may violate any International law. Breaking this rule will get you banished...

So welcome in,

BSP HQ
The Shopkeeper

Re: Welcome In

Postby gtw » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 am

Just for the sake of clarification. Are you going to allow hounding of individuals and constant personal attacks? Or indeed the clogging up/domination of the forum by inane trolls?
how's it going to end?
gtw

Postby talia » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:55 am

The Shopkeeper wrote:The forum is the online home of the wider community of British Sea Power, constellations of stars which surround the twinkling BSP galaxy.

I just love this. Not sure it's us he's talking about but i love it anyway.

Welcome all newbies.
talia

Postby nora dindian » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 am

gtw wrote:Just for the sake of clarification. Are you going to allow hounding of individuals and constant personal attacks? Or indeed the clogging up/domination of the forum by inane trolls?

In my opinion, if you become familiar with a person who constantly posts things you dont like or agree with, then dont read them or react to them.

Also, hounding works both ways, so if someone is a pain in the arse to a bunch of others, doesnt mean they should all get on his or her back.

Following the first point above, can naturally mean the second will not occur.

The rules are there to see and to adhere to, but rules are often bent and sometimes broken. This has happened in the past and will happen again. Simple fact.

Its a pity such a goodhearted initial post by the Shopkeep has been met with such a negative response really, a response which could have been conducted via pm as well.
nora dindian

Postby The Shopkeeper » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 pm

To clarify then,

Anyone breaking the aforementioned rules can be reported to the Admin/Moderation team who will make an enquiry and take necessary action.

The forum is an open forum, contributors are welcome to post whatever they want. Some posts may well be provocative, boring or may annoy other users. Obviously this is all subjective, what may well be offensive to one person is fine for somebody else.

In moderating the forum we generally leave people to get on with it themselves and try not to interfere too much. The forum is for the fans. However if something appears offensive, such as bullying or personal attacks, we will be forced to remove the post. Any user repeatedly posting offensive messages will first receive a warning and should they persist they will receive a final warning and then a ban if they still continue. Personally I am not too keen on banning members and would like to think that, as civilised individuals, any problems or disagreements can be resolved in a grown up fashion.
The Shopkeeper

Postby gtw » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:56 pm

nora dindian wrote:Its a pity such a goodhearted initial post by the Shopkeep has been met with such a negative response really, a response which could have been conducted via pm as well.

Negative? How are my straightforward and simple questions negative?

Shopkeeper. Thank you for your response, and clarification.
how's it going to end?
gtw

Postby beforetheflood » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:57 am

Well, I gotta tell y'all. I'm thoroughly unimpressed. You've lost me as a poster. International Law? When did this become KulaShaker.com? What happened to patriotism, and nuclear proliferation? This place has lost all it's color dudes. Y'all made the redneck white flag it. That's quite an accomplishment. The only things we run from are toothpaste and a stout ale. Really? International Law? The next thing you know you and the Internet spies in the State Department will be sending us to the Hague for saying something like "Keep the U.S. out of the U.N."

Who is the moderator anyway Falconscotch? Figures. Falconscotch gets promoted to mod while I brought the whole board down with a tongue in cheek post about the ridiculousness of Internet board bans. Don't you British have any fight left? Good grief, one woulda thought a rightous dude woulda realized his friends stuck up for him anyway. That's how it works. Offend versus defend. British Sea Power. Sigh. You'll see how when you let the colors run from your flag you're left with nothing but a white rag. I am totally defeated. I believed in this place/band once. Tootles. I'll miss you Bob. You know I will. It was in the stars man. In those formerly twinkling BSP stars. :(

/sarcasm (I think????) I'm sorry for you all. I truly am.
beforetheflood

Postby The Shopkeeper » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:32 am

highrise.jpg
highrise.jpg (34.58 KiB) Viewed 36882 times
The Shopkeeper

Postby The Gutless Wonder » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 pm

I take it this is the 'Welcome' part of the forum! Anyway, hello from a Manic Street Preachers fan who also loves British Sea Power. Can't decide whether Open Season or Do You Like Rock Muisc? are my fave albums. Love them all really. Great stuff!
"I WILL NOT GIVE UP AND I WILL NOT GIVE IN"
The Gutless Wonder

Postby Ronald Amundsen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 am

Hello and welcome in,Gutless - please excuse my informality.
I hope you will be happy here.
I used to be called bob,but now i'm not.
My favourite British Sea Power records are the other two,although I can't remember what they are called,and don't actually own a copy of either.
I liked Manic Street Preachers until the talented one died,(or not),although I stopped short of lighting candles for him,as I am a convicted arsonist.
My favourite song by them is 'Motown Junk',as it reminds me of Rick Astley.
I think that you would make a good moderator.
If you are,you are very welcome to share my crayons.
Outside the Gielgud,a neon sign read : 'Equus On The Buses',starring Mr Ed.
Ronald Amundsen

Postby The Gutless Wonder » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Cheers Ronald! Dude. My British Sea Power t-shirt arrived today! Woohoo! Along with a random postcard from Spain written by a random person to someone random. It also had 'Thankyou for your order!' written on it in the top corner. Weird and sweet! :D
"I WILL NOT GIVE UP AND I WILL NOT GIVE IN"
The Gutless Wonder

Postby dannynjo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:19 pm

now then everyone, danny here, joanne's in spain,lucky cow. very long time lurker and obviously could'nt join the forum for a while as it was locked.

i have met a few of you before i think. at a gig in liverpool a while back and then at morecambe library,, a couple of others too. i read a post on here a while back about the leeds church gig. someone said they were stood behind the kojak a likee who was shouting come on leeds. err, that was me! i laughed at that one and even used the term to describe myself when i had to sell my glastonbury ticket because i'd snapped my achilles tendon. just to clarify, i was'nt shouting come on leeds in support of my football team it was out of frustration at the crowd. i thought the band were superb as always, the setting was great but the end of every song was greeted by deafening silence. i do get a bit carried away at gigs like...

anyways, nice to get my first post in. as i said, seen the band lots of times, a couple of glastonbury appearances being my favourite i think, although morecambe was great. and i just got our tickets for brudenell social from jumbo so looking forward to that. might do more dates but pretty skint having not being able to work with my achilles. i'm a roofer so its gonna be hard getting up that ladder to earn my crust again. and im bored out me fuckin mind so i might be good for a few pointless posts in the near future
dannynjo

Postby nora dindian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Ahoy dannynjo, welcome in.

Keep the posts comin, the more pointless the better.

A low balcony spot for you at Brudenell I guess, what with the achilles.
nora dindian

Postby RodZero » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:37 am

Legal drinking age:check
Minimum wage: check

I envy most of you for being able to see the live shows more often than me. April 7th!
RodZero

Postby Hebrides Zimbo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 am

Hi all , from somtimes sunny Skye!
Set sail on those turquoise days
Hebrides Zimbo

Next

Return to British Sea Power