Welcome In

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Welcome In

Postby cawseetiger » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 am

Divorce has enabled me to get to gigs again (long story) and after seeing BSP support the Manics in Norwich I knew they were a band I'd been missing. Saw them again on Monday at the Waterfront and was impressed not only with the music, energy and set list but also the quality of merchandise available! I now have my British Tea Power mug and tea bags, which as the label says makes me happy as a fucking lark!

I've found that despite a shitty divorce, the upheaval of moving away from my kids up north (another story) as well as heading into my 40's ....BSP have restored my faith in music.

I apologise If I seem to be gushing but they have left quite an impression!
Inland between Dogger Bank & Scroby Sands
cawseetiger

Postby avocetboy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:35 pm

cawseetiger wrote:Divorce has enabled me to get to gigs again (long story) and after seeing BSP support the Manics in Norwich I knew they were a band I'd been missing. Saw them again on Monday at the Waterfront and was impressed not only with the music, energy and set list but also the quality of merchandise available! I now have my British Tea Power mug and tea bags, which as the label says makes me happy as a fucking lark!

I've found that despite a shitty divorce, the upheaval of moving away from my kids up north (another story) as well as heading into my 40's ....BSP have restored my faith in music.

Nice to have you on board
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby cawseetiger » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:05 am

avocetboy wrote:
cawseetiger wrote:Divorce has enabled me to get to gigs again (long story) and after seeing BSP support the Manics in Norwich I knew they were a band I'd been missing. Saw them again on Monday at the Waterfront and was impressed not only with the music, energy and set list but also the quality of merchandise available! I now have my British Tea Power mug and tea bags, which as the label says makes me happy as a fucking lark!

Nice to have you on board

Thanks for the welcome :)
cawseetiger

Postby blir » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

cawseetiger wrote:I've found that despite a shitty divorce, the upheaval of moving away from my kids up north (another story) as well as heading into my 40's ....BSP have restored my faith in music.

Congrats on the silver lining!
"Has anyone tried to insert a finger into any of their anuses?" - Rake
blir

Postby the big bass drum » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:09 am

I'm also new here, should of introduced myself prior to posting the BSP setlist. I am the big bass drum (not very inventive, but hey ho). BSP, half a dozen other artists. Aah read that Hebrides Zimbo introduction from last month. All My Colours. No need to describe which other band then. Anyway, hello.
the big bass drum

Postby nora dindian » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:26 am

hallo big bass drum, welcome in.
nora dindian

Postby the big bass drum » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks very much nora for the kind welcome. More likely to be "just browsing" than a regular poster.
the big bass drum

Postby cawseetiger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:04 am

blir wrote:
cawseetiger wrote:I've found that despite a shitty divorce, the upheaval of moving away from my kids up north (another story) as well as heading into my 40's ....BSP have restored my faith in music.

Yes briliant silver lining...can't get too down or I'd go insane, so hurrah for BSP :)
cawseetiger

Postby Government Thug » Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Ladies and gents - I'm Jez. I was on the old forum for a while in about the late 1700's (or so it feels) and have been encouraged back by a mate. Not a BSP n00b nor was I there from day one. Just a bloke who picked up on them shortly before the release of Open Season and have never looked back.

I was at Berwick last night (13th) and will be putting up some pics and a video when I've sorted it all out.

Looking forward to making your acquaintances.
The Chuckle Brothers aren't heroes to everyone. But they are to me. To you. To me.
Government Thug

Postby nora dindian » Mon May 16, 2011 1:03 am

Welcome in Government Thug.
nora dindian

Postby Sad Bear » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Evening all,

Apologies, I've posted before saying introducing myself. How rude of me! Tut,tut,tut.

I'm phil. Friend and work colleague of Jez, aka Government Thug and mislayer of Berwick tent poles.

A lad from South London who was introduced to BSP about 5 years ago by the lovely Northern Girl during some rather troubled times. Now a much happier bear but I don't post very often. Bears have trouble typing.

Cheers

SB
Sad Bear

Postby From_Scapa_Flow » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Good Stuff, I have been trying to create an account for ages, could never figure out how to get in, and because I wasnt a member could never contact administrator to figure out how or why...
So.. Im In!!
Thank yoooooos!!!!
:)
If anyone can then the Pelican can...
From_Scapa_Flow

Postby cawseetiger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:07 pm

blir wrote:

The silver lining is completed, as I'll be in Brighton on 1st November watching BSP and celebrating exactly 1 year divorced! What a way to celebrate!
Would be even better to hear Atom too :)
cawseetiger

Postby oobie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Hello...is this thing on?

does this still work this way?

Can I still make pretty col...ohhhhhh...look at all the pretty colours I can use :D

I think I like that one ^ and this one best

I'm liking the blue, blue was always the best colour of the old place. For all you new people out there, my name is Clare and have been in love with the band for 10 years. I made them cake for 90% of the shows I went to, sometimes themed, sometimes simple. I don't have the last album or the EP but I'll be sure to correct this in the run up to the new set of gigs. You might say they soundtracked a very large part of my life, and the sound didn't seem to fit the last two years or so. I found a bunch of other bands to keep me going but nothing quite like the scale or scape of BSP. I've still met up with some people now and then, my apologies for not being out more or paying attention to who was going where to see what band.

Thank you for the welcome Shopkeep, it feels good to be back.
I just don't get it
oobie

Postby space_dementia24 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:30 am

Hey, just thought I'd say hi. I have tried signing up on here in the past, but never have been able to until now.

Been a big BSP fan for a while, looking forward to seeing them down Cardiff later today, will be only my second time to see them live.
space_dementia24

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power