Which bin...

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

I have seen them...

Never
No votes
1 - 5 times
8%
6 - 10 times
17%
11 - 20 times
31%
21 - 30 times
13%
31 - 50 times
8%
51 - 100 times
18%
101 - 200 times
4%
200+ times
3%

Total votes : 78

Re: Which bin...

Postby 5 Not Out » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:14 pm

On average just over twice a year over 6 years and the very first occasion being in a foreign land. I used to boast I could only see them on an east/west axis from Manchester so Amsterdam, Leeds, Manchester Liverpool and Dublin were my options. Then I went to Kendal and Morecambe and discovered that Leeds was north east of Manchester anyway so now I dont go at all but thats beacause I'm almost completely deaf and for that I blame BSP.
Apricots
5 Not Out

Postby Kramer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:37 am

pomfob wrote: Genuinely never less than stunning.*

*OK, full disclosure. Saw them supporting Flaming Lips in what 2002? 2003? & couldn't see what the fuss was about. Next time, and every time since - bang on.

That is bizarre because a couple of my friends at the time went to the London Flaming Lips gigs and were in college the next day raving about the support band - none other than BSP. They bought patches and everything. That is where I first heard the name British Sea Power, and wouldn't have done if they weren't so blown away by them.
What are you artists from Manchester doing in Morecambe?
Kramer

Postby boom » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:26 am

Met the Blir tonight in UK...top bloke
When you're out of the black, and into the blue
boom

Postby blir » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:16 am

boom wrote:Met the Blir tonight in UK...top bloke

You're off topic you cromartie.

BTW, TJF are the greatest band in the world at this moment, whereas ILT suck giant donkey dicks.
"Has anyone tried to insert a finger into any of their anuses?" - Rake
blir

Postby Cold Ethyl » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:51 am

Donkey dick eh? Has doll been on the sherry again?
"Even if I saw these names grouped together completely out of context away from here... lets say a set of albums sitting together in a charity shop - I would immediately think of you and no other!"

thanks Gary...
Cold Ethyl

Postby blir » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:42 am

[cough]
"Has anyone tried to insert a finger into any of their anuses?" - Rake
blir

Postby meanmrmustard » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 am

I'm on about 11 or 12. Not seen any other band more than once. 2009 looks like it will be the first year I haven't been to see them since 2003. Sad times.
meanmrmustard

Postby SPT » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm

twice - Shepherd's Bush and Sheffield Plug. Unlikely to make it out of the 1-5 bin it seems. My laziness.
You can always outrun a golfer

http://www.soundsxp.com
Always changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/
SPT

Postby pomfob » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:35 pm

pomfob wrote:I think it's around 15 times now, making Sea Power the band I've seen most...after The Fall (40+). But then again, I've been following the Fall for over 20 years, as opposed to 5 or 6 for this lot. And I've only gone silly about it in the past couple of years (ooh, shall I go on holiday to Montreal? BSP are playing, so why not? Fly down to New York to catch 'em as well? Oh go on then.)

Love The Fall as I do, a fair few of those 40 odd shows have been a below par, one or two bloody dire. These boys (and lady) though - never let me down once. Genuinely never less than stunning.*

*OK, full disclosure. Saw them supporting Flaming Lips in what 2002? 2003? & couldn't see what the fuss was about. Next time, and every time since - bang on.

5 and a half years later, add 50 to that tally. I know, what a fucking lightweight.
Last edited by pomfob on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby bancroftboy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Really enjoyed reading back through that, partly because I wrote a post of more than 3 sentences but mainly for Northern Pete's post.
6 years ago......
I would estimate somewhere around 80 now but still no real idea
you lot are a complete army of c*nts!
bancroftboy

Postby Bastian » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:23 am

23 for me, which is the best i could do not living in the UK. No other band comes close in terms of how often I've seen them live. The most important thing is that i have seen them at least once during every album proper tour. The most disappointing thing is that I've never seen them perform Man Of Aran or From The Sea To The Land Beyond. It's a pity they never played the former in Ireland.

After a seriously long 2 years not seeing the band I'm gagging for a Euro tour, or any tour. Thinking of heading over for one of these festival dates next month.
Bastian

Postby pomfob » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:28 am

Bastian wrote: The most disappointing thing is that I've never seen them perform Man Of Aran or From The Sea To The Land Beyond. It's a pity they never played the former in Ireland.

It's crying out to be performed on the Aran Isles, isn't it?

Now I think about it, is that where the Father TedHeads go for TedFest (if they still do that)? Now that would be a spectacular meeting of minds.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Blackout » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 am

Think so. This has to happen :)

I've gone up a category, clearly. Quite looking forward to 333 (Hebden Bridge, assuming I make it to Leicester the week before) because I like numbers. More excited about my imminent 50th Biscuits though cos that's arguably more of a ridiculous achievement in terms of how often they actually play. Wonder about the Mike Peters fan I mentioned in my 2009 post there, what number he's up to now, and indeed if there is anyone anywhere who exceeds that for any artist...
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Mr Bod » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:19 am

Just off twenty, which I don’t think is that bad considering I’m old, have kids, don’t travel much and only twigged what a f- great band they are three albums in…
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby Bastian » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:04 pm

pomfob wrote:
Bastian wrote: The most disappointing thing is that I've never seen them perform Man Of Aran or From The Sea To The Land Beyond. It's a pity they never played the former in Ireland.

It's crying out to be performed on the Aran Isles, isn't it?

Now I think about it, is that where the Father TedHeads go for TedFest (if they still do that)? Now that would be a spectacular meeting of minds.

I heard there was a plan to go out there and play it at one point but for whatever reason unfortunately it never materialised.

Yeah, that's were they have the Father Ted festival, if it's still held that is. I don't think they ever filmed much there, but you see one of the Islands on the opening credits.

I hoped they might come and play it at one of the many film festivals in Ireland.
Bastian

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power