Nottingham, 23rd October 1922

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Nottingham, 23rd October 1922

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Wonderful gig in Nottingham last night. I hadn't been to the Rescue Rooms since 2004 when I went to see Amy Winehouse there; that was a very memorable night as well. Last time BSP were due to play the Rescue Rooms in 2018, the venue was moved to Rock City.

Yan in particular seemed to be having a whale of a time on stage - I did have a suspicion that he was a bit pissed early on but if he was, he held it together very well and the whole set had a terrific energy. Tom White deputised for Woody again and did a terrific job, just as he did last time. No Abi. Someone near the back shouted "we miss you Abi" which prompted a thumbs-up from Hamilton, but no explanation for her absence was offered.

No Lucifer fell just a little flat again. I think it must be the absence of the viola, although Hamilton did cock up the guitar intro. No Bad Bohemian. But once again Darker Skies was magical. The Lonely was especially good as well, as was Fire Escape In The Sea.

Oh, and Yan was wearing his ankle-length robe again. A lovely sartorial touch, I thought.

I enjoyed Loose Articles a bit more than I did in Stoke. They have a nice sort of Sultans of Ping / The Fall thing going on and it went down well. Lots of energy.

That was my eighth Sea Power gig since the hiatus imposed by the plague, and for me probably the best of the lot.
Slim

Re: Nottingham, 23rd October 1922

Postby Heartland » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:47 pm

Most of this ^^^^

Particularly impressed with stand-in drummer fella. Well played.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Re: Nottingham, 23rd October 1922

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:07 pm

Only just noticed that I misidentified the year that this took place by 100 years. Apparently I'm still in the habit of assuming that the current year starts with a 19.

God, I'm old.
Slim

Return to British Sea Power