Sea Power...

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Sea Power...

Postby The Duke of Warsop » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:08 pm

...I thought it was some sort of April Fools joke & the e-mail was spam!

I for one am sad that the name has changed. If it actually has!
We're all going to jail or the mental home...
The Duke of Warsop

Re: Sea Power...

Postby sprymw » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:13 pm

Yes it has.

www.britishseapower.co.uk links to www.seapowerband.com

''Plus ca change, plus ca meme...''
sprymw

Postby alonepiano » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:35 pm

I realise the name change may seem sad but hopefully in time you will grow to love it. It might seem like the end of an era but not in reality - still the same band and about to release some wonderful new music
In case you haven’t seen it, here is the bands explanation written with fans in mind

https://seapowerband.com/news/goodbye-b ... -sea-power
alonepiano

Postby sprymw » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:38 pm

Sea Power /
Drop 'British' !!! /
The ravens, skittish, /
Leave the Tower.
sprymw

Postby Digger2 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:23 pm

Even worse, the new album doesn’t see the light of day till next February. Bloody hell it was mixed, mastered and all else back in June/July. WTF!!
Digger2

Postby BabyGray » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:47 pm

SEA POWER ha's a duty to the environment and it's always nurtured this spit it of existential expansion. This is a step forward into keeping the earth unpolluted by the old guard. I champion this decision and go 1 further and would go one further and relocateven the SEA POWERS HQ IN THE A64 LAY BY. HAS A NICE DEEP SET AND GOOD WLKS WITHIN 2 MILES.
BabyGray

Postby ian » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:10 pm

I WET MY CLOCK
One day, where the shoreline breaks, we'll write in sand all our mistakes
ian

Postby pomfob » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:36 am

BabyGray wrote:SEA POWER ha's a duty to the environment and it's always nurtured this spit it of existential expansion. This is a step forward into keeping the earth unpolluted by the old guard. I champion this decision and go 1 further and would go one further and relocateven the SEA POWERS HQ IN THE A64 LAY BY. HAS A NICE DEEP SET AND GOOD WLKS WITHIN 2 MILES.

Yeah, can't quibble with any of that. It's a shame they had to change the name, but there's some odd folk out there who've shown exactly why it was necessary.

FORWARD IN ALL DIRECTIONS!!!
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby alonepiano » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:07 am

Aside from the many reactions to yesterday’s news, one point we want to clarify is the massive delay in release. This is primarily due to a worldwide nightmare in the vinyl manufacturing industry. What used to be a 6-8 week turnaround from mastering to finished vinyl is now taking 6-8 months. Crazy.
It’s out of our control but rest assured you will be able to hear more new music before the actual release in February,
alonepiano

Postby pomfob » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:02 am

alonepiano wrote:Aside from the many reactions to yesterday’s news, one point we want to clarify is the massive delay in release. This is primarily due to a worldwide nightmare in the vinyl manufacturing industry. What used to be a 6-8 week turnaround from mastering to finished vinyl is now taking 6-8 months. Crazy.
It’s out of our control but rest assured you will be able to hear more new music before the actual release in February,

Thanks for letting us know. One of the downsides of the vinyl revival & Record Store Day is there isn't the infrastructure to support it. Bah and humbug.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby alonepiano » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:46 pm

Ironically someone set up a massive new vinyl pressing plant which increased worldwide capacity by 50% - and then some major label just block booked the whole thing out for a year. Back to square one - but at least all those Christmas vinyl presents by Ed Sheehan, ABBA and Queen will get made on time!
alonepiano

Postby Dero » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:34 am

Learn something new every day doncha
Can a man of perception respect himself at all?
Dero

Postby woosiep » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:12 pm

Just wondering what will happen to the unsold (B)SP Merch? Was quite a lot on the site in the weeks before the name change. Its all Seapower/New album only on there now. Seems a shame if this has no value.
woosiep

Postby alonepiano » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:37 pm

There will be a fair selection of BSP merch on sale at the forthcoming gigs.
Plus there might be some BSP ‘memorabilia’ if it looks like there is enough interest.
All official BSP music and film releases will continued to be available (subject to stock) and will remain as BSP releases.
alonepiano

Postby Sophie_Fevvers » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:56 pm

I was waiting at the bar at the Cullercoats gig and was eavesdropping as I was there alone. A couple of men at the bar were talking about how they were in a huff that they changed their name and almost didn't buy tickets. Is this a widespread opinion? I prefer the old name and think it's a shame they had to change, but seems a bit dramatic to almost boycott them for it. Made me think if they didn't get it then they were likely part of the problem for the change in the first place...
Sophie_Fevvers

Next

Return to British Sea Power