Disco Elysium soundtrack download

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Disco Elysium soundtrack download

Postby tonight_we_fly » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:40 pm

Hello folks, long time no see. Hope you’re all well.

Well, this morning I’ve just downloaded the Disco Elysium soundtrack, which has been quite a challenging experience. Imagine appealing your tax code with the HMRC, building a Lego Death Star without the instruction booklet and trying to buy a toilet roll during March 2020, all at the same time. The wording on the Steam website says that you can download the soundtrack as a stand alone FLAC or mp3 thing. But, oh no, that’s not how it works by a long shot...

Paid my money and received a receipt e-mail with no download link, or any details whatsoever on actually getting the music. I ended up creating an account, e-mailing the seller, downloading and installing some software that I really didn’t want, contacting the seller again (still no reply), creating a different kind of account, downloading some more software that I didn’t want, registering with some kind of discussion forum to get help, downloading the music as some kind of program into my Program Files folder on C Drive (still can’t find it), follow instructions to find it in my “Steam Library” (which is empty), ask for more help on forum, then finally some kind helpful souls explain what I need to do. After that I set about uninstalling the various stuff that’s now on my computer that I didn’t want. So, paid for it on Wednesday, got it on Saturday; and then when the whole ordeal was over, the seller finally responded to my messages about an hour later. Not quite the usual experience when buying a download online, but it was an adventure nonetheless.

However, the good news is that (if you haven’t already heard snippets of it on YouTube – as I believe some people have been doing) it’s excellent. Whereas Man of Aran and the coastliney one were largely instrumental re-workings of songs which were familiar, this is almost all new stuff. Atmospheric rather than rocking, but lively and dense as opposed to wistful and floating. Exceptions are that an instrumental version of Brand New Century (from the demo CDs) is on there, another that I recognised which was either a demo or from one of the various bonus CDs from recent albums, and little snippets of tunes from familiar songs here and there (I’m sure I heard a tiny part of the melody for Praise For Whatever at one point).

I only managed to hear the first hour when I went running this morning, so hopefully will get a chance to listen the rest if I can get the kids to stop bickering at some point during the afternoon.

Oh, and somewhere along the way a nice person pointed me towards this, which made me far happier than anything rightly should do right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHTf8cEcQWk
Rock music: Dulwich Hamlet FC
Not rock music: Meadow Residential, Blake Morgan LLP
tonight_we_fly

Re: Disco Elysium soundtrack download

Postby alonepiano » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:59 pm

FYI
We will be releasing the soundtrack to Disco Elysium in various formats including vinyl and CD with hopefully a very special limited edition double vinyl format
Hope to be able to announce details soonish - subject to the current chaos.
alonepiano

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 am

Speaking personally, I would be more than happy to place a pre-order for this, if that would make things easier.
Herbstzeitlose

Postby Mr Bod » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:55 am

tonight_we_fly wrote:Hello folks, long time no see. Hope you’re all well.

Well, this morning I’ve just downloaded the Disco Elysium soundtrack, which has been quite a challenging experience. Imagine appealing your tax code with the HMRC, building a Lego Death Star without the instruction booklet and trying to buy a toilet roll during March 2020, all at the same time. The wording on the Steam website says that you can download the soundtrack as a stand alone FLAC or mp3 thing. But, oh no, that’s not how it works by a long shot...

Paid my money and received a receipt e-mail with no download link, or any details whatsoever on actually getting the music. I ended up creating an account, e-mailing the seller, downloading and installing some software that I really didn’t want, contacting the seller again (still no reply), creating a different kind of account, downloading some more software that I didn’t want, registering with some kind of discussion forum to get help, downloading the music as some kind of program into my Program Files folder on C Drive (still can’t find it), follow instructions to find it in my “Steam Library” (which is empty), ask for more help on forum, then finally some kind helpful souls explain what I need to do. After that I set about uninstalling the various stuff that’s now on my computer that I didn’t want. So, paid for it on Wednesday, got it on Saturday; and then when the whole ordeal was over, the seller finally responded to my messages about an hour later. Not quite the usual experience when buying a download online, but it was an adventure nonetheless.

However, the good news is that (if you haven’t already heard snippets of it on YouTube – as I believe some people have been doing) it’s excellent. Whereas Man of Aran and the coastliney one were largely instrumental re-workings of songs which were familiar, this is almost all new stuff. Atmospheric rather than rocking, but lively and dense as opposed to wistful and floating. Exceptions are that an instrumental version of Brand New Century (from the demo CDs) is on there, another that I recognised which was either a demo or from one of the various bonus CDs from recent albums, and little snippets of tunes from familiar songs here and there (I’m sure I heard a tiny part of the melody for Praise For Whatever at one point).

I only managed to hear the first hour when I went running this morning, so hopefully will get a chance to listen the rest if I can get the kids to stop bickering at some point during the afternoon.

Oh, and somewhere along the way a nice person pointed me towards this, which made me far happier than anything rightly should do right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHTf8cEcQWk

After reading this dystopian brazil like download story I am happy to say I willing to wait for a physical CD release when every it may be...
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby pomfob » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 am

Apparently this will be going on the BSP bandcamp page that they mentioned on Twitter recently...not that said page is actually working yet...
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Mr Bod » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Album funders look for something nice in your inboxes !

Sounds good to have new BSP ...
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby O Larsen Beret » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 pm

Now on Bandcamp (who are waiving their fees hence more pennies for BSP this Friday): https://britishseapower.bandcamp.com/releases
O Larsen Beret

Postby pomfob » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:31 am

Excellent work. In the spirit of burying the spam posts, I’ve promoted the other Disco Elysium threads.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Return to British Sea Power