Krankenhaus - scoring system

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Krankenhaus - scoring system

Postby Heartland » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:19 pm

I would appreciate comment from some of the veterans on here as to whether full Krankenhaus attendance scores a one or a three, in terms of gigs attended.

In the manner of fellow Yorkshireman Joe Root, I realise I am unlikely to convert a 50 into a century, but would like to add a few more before I edge one to third slip. As it were.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Re: Krankenhaus - scoring system

Postby TheAlex » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:19 am

I've struggled with this when BSP have supported themselves before and played multiple sets at Brighton Krankenhaus. Another band I like played five sets in one day, each distinct. Another act supported her band acoustically when the support act didn't turn up. I think I originally counted them as separate, but it started to happen so much, I began to count them as one gig, with the older ones still classed as separate. So my stats are all fudged up.

As the Muncaster gigs were separate days, I'd definitely count them as separate if I'd been.
TheAlex

Postby pomfob » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:29 am

I concur; 3 sets, different days, counts as 3. I'd say the original Krankenhauses where they sometimes opened proceedings are just the one though.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby T Adventurer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:48 pm

Yes I agree with pomfob 100 %.
I will be counting this as 3 BSP gigs, different sets, different days.
If memory serves me correct at Manchester Gorilla a few years ago, they opened with an acoustic set followed by a full blown BSP set, I have only counted that as 1.
Despite Totnes, despite Muncaster..I am still to see the Modern Ovens..what a lightweight!
T Adventurer

Postby Skinku » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:06 pm

That’s a solid three, a support double counts as a single.
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Return to British Sea Power