Another gig! 12th July / Oxford Bullingdon

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Another gig! 12th July / Oxford Bullingdon

Postby Blackout » Wed May 15, 2019 11:34 am

Apparently it's actually a really nice little venue and you don't have to be a toff or stick a "private part of the anatomy" in dead pig to go there, but FUCK ALMIGHTY B&Bs are expensive in Oxford.

Anyway, tickets. Many thanks to someone who used to post on here but I can't remember what as, for pointing that one out.

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/472385

Given that this seems to be some sort of treasure hunt in which the band don't actually announce gigs* and let people just find them instead, do keep your eyes peeled on ticket sites for anything else that might come up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* EDIT: Literally minutes after I posted that, the Newsboost arrived. And confirmed that no pig head fuckery will be required :)

"Newsboost July Trades
15 May 2019

*BSP dates in Oxford and Hebden Bridge.
*Extra tickets for Lewes in sweet old Sussex.

British Sea Power are delighted to announce a pair of consecutive dates in July.

The Oxford show is due to go on sale at 11am on Weds 15 May 2019. The Hebden Bridge date should be on sale at midday on the same day.

Friday 12 July 2019
Oxford The Bullingdon, UK

Saturday 13 July 2019
Hebden Bridge Trades Club, UK

Please note that provocatively-named Oxford venue The Bullingdon doesn’t mean BSP are being enrolled in the ancient and infamous all-male Oxford dining club latterly associated with such ruinous donuts as David Cameron and Boris Johnson.

BSP can also confirm a May return to the intimate and charismatic Lewes Con Club in East Sussex. A small number of additional tickets are due to go on sale for this show at 9am on Thursday 16 May.

Sunday 26 May,2019
Lewes Con Club, UK

With thanks.

Yours,
The Secretary"
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Re: Another gig! 12th July / Oxford Bullingdon

Postby pomfob » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Meet up thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13789

I'm not going, but it may help those of you that are.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Mr Bod » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:40 pm

pomfob wrote:I'm not going,
Dam same that, means I still don't get to give the £20 IOU even after doing a few BSP gigs this year, well 2 but i have not had that meany and the year is half over!

No I'm not doing the Trades .. which i take it you will be? See a trend here anyone?
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby pomfob » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 am

Mr Bod wrote:
pomfob wrote:I'm not going,
Dam same that, means I still don't get to give the £20 IOU even after doing a few BSP gigs this year, well 2 but i have not had that meany and the year is half over!

No I'm not doing the Trades .. which i take it you will be? See a trend here anyone?

You cover the south, I do the north...and meet up the next time they play Derby!
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby kevo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:38 am

Just heard that Oxford is an early gig - BSP on at 8.20.
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Postby Mr Bod » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:09 pm

and it may be best not to drink too late and forget the early doors as we are goner get new stuff!

from that twitter thingy...

Fridays Oxford gig is an early one. Doors 7pm BSP 8:15-10pm. We’ll play you some new songs though x
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby mattl » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:51 pm

I now have 2 spares for Oxford if anyone is in need.
mattl

Return to British Sea Power