Summer Festivals Thread 2018 (including warm-up gigs etc)

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Summer Festivals Thread 2018 (including warm-up gigs etc

Postby Blackout » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:32 am

Mr Bod wrote:
Goat Girl are lose, ruff around the edges bass drive indie rock with lots of added fiddle who are just on the curve of getting much bigger.

Added fiddle meaning violin, or intricate playing?

Seen them a few times and really liked them but I think the most recent would have been that Fall / Hookworms (etc) all dayer at Kentish Town Forum in January 2017, since then they've been one of those bands I'm spectacularly shit at seeing cos they always seem to clash with other things, and I don't recall them featuring either of those things. Interesting. Really looking forward to catching up anyway, was most pleased when BSP announced them, I'm sure at least one of the various GG gigs I didn't go to was their fault.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby pomfob » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Blackout wrote:
Mr Bod wrote:
Goat Girl are lose, ruff around the edges bass drive indie rock with lots of added fiddle who are just on the curve of getting much bigger.

Added fiddle meaning violin, or intricate playing?

When I saw Goat Girl last November they had a violinist on a few tunes. They'd also brought a spectacularly shit support act with them called Go Chi Minh. The name was the best thing about them, they were a sort of studenty joke version of Ian Dury & The Blockheads, minus the wit.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Bastian » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Goat Girl album is pretty good too. Will bypass the pub for this lot I think. Or could just go to the pub earlier.....
Bastian

Postby Blackout » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 am

Go to the pub earlier. Nick and I should be in town quite early as we're staying over in Sheffield the night before and got the day off.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Mr Bod » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:52 am

Blackout wrote:
Mr Bod wrote:

Added fiddle meaning violin, or intricate playing?.

violin
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby Bastian » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am

Blackout wrote:Go to the pub earlier. Nick and I should be in town quite early as we're staying over in Sheffield the night before and got the day off.

Yeah. I'll be getting there the Thursday night so will be there all day Friday. Looking forward to it now, It's not far off.
Bastian

Postby pomfob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:41 am

Blackout wrote:Saturday 28th
INDIETRACKS
, Derbyshire, three day festival at railway centre
http://www.indietracks.co.uk/

Seen the weather forecast, comrades? Bring wellies, waterproofs and leave a change of clothes in the car if you're camping.

You can just feel the smugness of everyone who booked the Travelodge, can't you? I'm just jealous, obviously.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Mr Bod » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:36 pm

set list for indie tracks, from one of then set list listing site as i was not around .. some was asking i think or was that Preston?

Anyhow ..

Machineries of Joy
Who's in Control
Lights Out For Darker Skies
Remember Me
A Wooden Horse
What You're Doing
Bad Bohemian
The Pelican
No Lucifer
Carrion
Waving Flags
The Great Skua
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Previous

Return to British Sea Power