Tour set list

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Tour set list

Postby kevo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Any songs people particularly want to hear? I really want them to play International Space Station. Criminally dropped from the autumn dates - best track on the album! Was listening to Zeus the other day. What a great live track that was! And Fear of Drowning of course. Seems an age since they last played it...
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Re: Tour set list

Postby Heartland » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Not looking for anything specific , but I'll be a bit disappointed if the set is a re-run of last autumn's gigs
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby burghblue » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:00 pm

I want to hear The Voice of Ivy Lee.
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby Rake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Salty Water and A Light Above Descending please. Have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.
Rake

Postby Bastian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:03 pm

kevo wrote:Any songs people particularly want to hear? I really want them to play International Space Station. Criminally dropped from the autumn dates - best track on the album! Was listening to Zeus the other day. What a great live track that was! And Fear of Drowning of course. Seems an age since they last played it...

Has this been played live at all on tour other than the album launch show last year?

I'd also like to hear Zeus, more than any other track. Not had the pleasure of seeing it live since those shows they did supporting the manics. That's long ago now. I wouldn't be even a bit hopeful though if Phil isn't going to be there.
Another great live one from the VD era is Mongk II. It was ever present on the set for a few years after but I've not seen them play it for a while now.

A Lovely Day Tomorrow, Living Is So Easy and 3 or 4 from Open Season would be nice too.
Bastian

Postby kevo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Bastian wrote:
kevo wrote:Any songs people particularly want to hear? I really want them to play International Space Station. Criminally dropped from the autumn dates - best track on the album! Was listening to Zeus the other day. What a great live track that was! And Fear of Drowning of course. Seems an age since they last played it...

Has this been played live at all on tour other than the album launch show last year?

I'd also like to hear Zeus, more than any other track. Not had the pleasure of seeing it live since those shows they did supporting the manics. That's long ago now. I wouldn't be even a bit hopeful though if Phil isn't going to be there.
Another great live one from the VD era is Mongk II. It was ever present on the set for a few years after but I've not seen them play it for a while now.

A Lovely Day Tomorrow, Living Is So Easy and 3 or 4 from Open Season would be nice too.

Don't think so (ISS). Quite a few OS tracks on the last tour. Another one I'd like is Spring has Sprung from MoJ - bit of a hidden treasure. And Bear would be brilliant, as would Cleaning Out the Roons. They have such a great repertoire of songs now though - it must be pretty diffficult for the band to decide themselves....

kevo

Postby Bastian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Ah yeah, Cleaning Out The Rooms. Don't know how I forgot to have that on my wish list, as it usually is. Again, not seen the band play it for years but IMO it's a track that's so good it should never be off the set.
Bastian

Postby Kid Dynamo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm

After much deliberation I have gone for 2 /3 songs from every album and ep (not including the Japanese early bside compilations) to try to whittle down my wish list. Not my “ideal setlist” – more a wishlist of songs I really like, but don’t get much live love.

Decline – The Lonely* / A Wooden Horse
Open Season – Like a Honeycomb* / North Hanging Rock
Krankenhaus – Hearing Aid / The Pelican
DYLRM – Canvey Island / LOFDS
Zeus – Zeus / kwH / Bear (with lyrics from Father's Words instead)
Valhalla Dancehall – Mongk2 / Observe the Skies
MoJ – A Light Above Descending

LTDITP – Praise for Whatever / Don’t Let the Sun get in the Way / St Jerome (plus probably Electrical Kittens)

Special mentions…

Charlie flippin Potatoes / Salty Water / Crystal Horse / Over in the Corner / When I Go Out / Spirit of St Louis - Scottish Wildlife Experience Mash Up

*2 of the most beautiful tracks in the back catalogue. Why they are never played is beyond me. I’ve only seen The Lonely once, never seen LAH L
Last edited by Kid Dynamo on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kid Dynamo

Postby Blackout » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Dear British Sea Power, here is a set list I made up sometime last year, just fucking do it, right?

Heavenly Waters
Bad Bohemian
Like A Honeycomb
Fear of Drowning
Apologies To Insect Life
Favours in The Beetroot Fields
Gale Warnings In Viking North
Please Stand Up
North Hanging Rock
Tugboat
Come Wander With Me
Blackout
True Adventures into Spearing The Sunfish and about 3 minutes of white noise
Saint Jerome
Carrion
A Light Above Descending
Lately / Rock in A / Pelican / Dope And Speed / 2003 style nonsense

(No encore, they never used to.)

Should have put one of the boring ones off the third album in the middle so I can go to the bog but no, I'll hold.

Alternative: Open Season in its entirety, preceded by a short low-key set of B-sides of that era, then finish on Carrion / Bad Bohemian / Lately etc.
Last edited by Blackout on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Kid Dynamo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Blackout wrote:True Adventures into Spearing The Sunfish and about 3 minutes of white noise

^this. Please. Thanks.
Kid Dynamo

Postby Blackout » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:21 pm

It would so so so work, wouldn't it? I mean I know I'm currently speaking as someone who has seen Mogwai twice in the past four days (beg your pardon? etc) and therefore may be currently accustomed to a relatively high level of sonic onslaught, but I do feel they should embrace their inner noise-bastards a bit more sometimes.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Rake » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Blackout wrote:Dear British Sea Power, here is a set list I made up sometime last year, just fucking do it, right?

Heavenly Waters
Bad Bohemian
Like A Honeycomb
Fear of Drowning
Apologies To Insect Life
Favours in The Beetroot Fields
Gale Warnings In Viking North
Please Stand Up
North Hanging Rock
Tugboat
Come Wander With Me
Blackout
True Adventures into Spearing The Sunfish and about 3 minutes of white noise
Saint Jerome
Carrion
A Light Above Descending
Lately / Rock in A / Pelican / Dope And Speed / 2003 style nonsense

(No encore, they never used to.)

Should have put one of the boring ones off the third album in the middle so I can go to the bog but no, I'll hold.

Ooooooooooh, yes please! That is one hell of a set.
Rake

Postby kevo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Talking of Valhalla, We are Sound (extended version) would be brill. Or Observe the Skies.

kevo

Postby flatland juz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Do a couple of new ones for the forward thinking mofos.
flatland juz

Postby Digger2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 pm

Eaves would be nice.
Digger2

Next

Return to British Sea Power