Manchesters Uncle Albert

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Manchesters Uncle Albert

Postby SDM-SOUTHSEA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Up for grabs 2 tickets for this Saturday and if you live in london 2 Train tickets from Euston to Manchester with return on the Sunday.
If any body would like to make an offer for this fab night get in touch. I can send the Tickets via email and the train tickets I can post but would need to send them recorded by tomorrow.
All the proceeds will be given to BSP to help the cause Zeus! The reason for this is because my wife is poorly at present and sadly we can not travel.
SDM-SOUTHSEA

Re: Manchesters Uncle Albert

Postby birdy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Just to say Friday was good if somewhat challenging at times.

Saturday at the Albert Hall was up there in the top 5 performances of all time. They were outstanding and put in a great performance and an amazing show.
birdy

Postby TheAlex » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:37 pm

The sound was spot on for most of the night, which is a rare thing. I enjoyed the extra 'party' elements like the witches (or whatever they were - though it seemed a bit sexist), brass band (though I expected them to join in with Waving Flags and The Great Skua) and confetti (though once would've been enough). Girl Ray were the only other band I'd check out again - a female-vocal Nirvana & Teenage Fanclub mashup, and a bit funky. Field Music are way too samey, which means even the best songs merge into everything else. Although I could appreciate they definitely had something about them, the other bands aren't really my thing.

It wasn't my favourite BSP set, but the performance was great, and the stage looked wonderful. Some songs that usually sound awesome didn't quite sound right though, like Carrion and Atom. Praise for Whatever sounded amazing. It was a pleasure seeing two different sides to the band in two nights.
TheAlex

Postby Heartland » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:42 pm

A contrasting weekend indeed. Two very different but wonderful sets.

Sorry, I know I sound like a broken record now; but whoever set them bar prices in Manchester wants tarring and feathering.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Return to British Sea Power