Antwerp tips and bars

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Antwerp tips and bars

Postby Flemish merchant » Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm

If anyone making the trek to Antwerp tomorrow this is to let you know the venue on the ring road, buried away among some uninspiring office blocks and hellish roadworks. Tram 24 will take you from town center to the venue, get off at stenenbrug.

However, Before and after I'm hoping to be in the marvelous for Belgian beer, cycling and Eddie Merckx themed Cafe Mombasssa; Moorkensplein 37, 2140 Borgerhout; or tram stop 'drink' on line 24. from here its a 15 min walk to the venue.
Flemish merchant

Re: Antwerp tips and bars

Postby Bastian » Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Considered going to this as the venue looks class but it's too awkward to get to Hamburg for the next night. And i was only in Berlin a couple of weeks ago so fancied somewhere different.
Bastian

Postby Kattegat » Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 am

Great gig in Antwerp yesterday. The played almost every track from the latest album, apart from Alone Piano and unfortunately no ISS either. Might have something to do with Phil's absence. Did I miss something?
Kattegat

Postby Blackout » Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am

Kattegat wrote:Great gig in Antwerp yesterday. The played almost every track from the latest album, apart from Alone Piano and unfortunately no ISS either. Might have something to do with Phil's absence. Did I miss something?

Phil has a proper job in education and therefore can not do away gigs in term time. next week is a school holiday in most parts of the UK but this week isn't and I guess they wanted to do a longer tour than just one week.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Kattegat » Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 am

Blackout wrote:
Kattegat wrote:Great gig in Antwerp yesterday. The played almost every track from the latest album, apart from Alone Piano and unfortunately no ISS either. Might have something to do with Phil's absence. Did I miss something?

Phil has a proper job in education and therefore can not do away gigs in term time. next week is a school holiday in most parts of the UK but this week isn't and I guess they wanted to do a longer tour than just one week.

Oh, didn't know that. Thank you for the clarification.
Kattegat

Return to British Sea Power