Record Collector Feature

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Record Collector Feature

Postby Nurdled, by Astley » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:15 pm

New edition of Record Collector (May 2017 - with the '1967 The Year Rock Freaked Out' cover) has a feature on the bands favourite records (with valuation prices), both individual picks (five each) and a collective band choice.

Some interesting choices - I won't spoil any surprises just yet in case people want to have a look themselves first, but some obvious ones too. Interesting reading...

Of personal interest is Abi's selection of Shostakovich from her Ealing Youth Orchestra days; my daughters been playing Shostakovich with Wigan Youth Orchestra...
Nearly drowned on a learn to swim course.
Nurdled, by Astley

Re: Record Collector Feature

Postby TheAlex » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks.

Coincidentally I re-read the Record Collector feature from the Valhalla Dancehall era a couple of days ago. There were some interesting things I'd forgotten, that I've now forgotten again. There was also a good interview with Mick Rock, who is most famous for photographing Bowie, Iggy Pop and Lou Reed. Without ever reading it, I wouldn't have expected a magazine about record collecting to have more interesting features than most other music magazines that you'd think are more specifically about the music and the artists.
TheAlex

Return to British Sea Power