Manchester Setlist

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Manchester Setlist

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:42 am

Posted with kind permission of our kid (Skua after Flags):

Herbstzeitlose

Re: Manchester Setlist

Postby gcjh » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:53 am

I thought they were superb last night.
gcjh

Postby Gaz Vanhill » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Couldn't agree more they were quite simply brilliant.....As is the new album.
I'd write and tell you that I've burnt them all.
But you never send me your address and I've.
I've kept them anyway.
Gaz Vanhill

Postby Salian » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Thought it was a really well built set, liked the DYLRM main set climax, and a welcome return for Ivy Lee.

Still think Newcastle was touch more incendiary, but it was a cracker, and delighted to see Bad Bohemian as an opener.
Salian

Postby burghblue » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:03 pm

I would have loved to have heard Ivy Lee, Lights Out and Tugboat at the Edinburgh gig. Damn you Liquid Rooms curfew/"Sunday selection"!
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby TheAlex » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 pm

It was an excellent gig, and it was great how familiar the new stuff sounded already (I didn't make any of the preview shows last year). Praise for Whatever and (surprisingly) Keep On Trying were my highlights. I also enjoyed St Jerome a lot, but that was expected. I did think the new songs were missing some sort of edge live, clearly highlighted when they launched into Remember Me, but as it was a top gig I didn't really care. The sound was rather crisp - it's the best I've ever heard Abi's vocals in the mix, but unfortunately her violin was a little quiet.

Slug sounded pretty good once the sound was sorted out (they didn't get a soundcheck, for anyone arriving late, as they arrived late). The first 2 or 3 songs sounded like a festival band who hadn't had a soundcheck.
TheAlex

Postby Digger2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Given that there have been comparisons with Open Season - but in my book this latest album is better because Vicky Ice and Be Gone were always a bit too poppy and disposable for me - I'm amazed no one has been calling for True Adventures done live. In that there song there you have a real BSP classic.
Digger2

Postby burnleynotbarcelona » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Anyone know how close the Ritz gig came to selling out ? From my vantage point on the balcony it looked close(ish) whilst remaining reasonably comfortable for the punters.
Robbieblakesdriver c 2003-6
burnleynotbarcelona

Return to British Sea Power