Dirty Leeds

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Dirty Leeds

Postby gcjh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:59 am

Sadly was a little disappointed with Friday night. The band we're giving it their all but the sound was underwhelming, especially when compared to the previous week's Mary Chain gig & the gremlins certainly didn't help. Got much better as the set progressed & it was fun boogeying with the bears. One caveat to my comments, I was sober. Looking forward to Manchester & not driving.

Speaking of sobriety, there were some hilariously drunk people there. There were a couple of guys we followed in who were walking through Leeds singing Man United songs. My Girlfriend & I decided to hang back a few metres! I thought there was no way they would get into the venue but then again, Christ forgives all & I am glad they did as it was great fun watching them drunkenly cuddle each other on one of the slower numbers. Lovely. & the quiet bit of LOBFDS: "Motherf&&ker! British Sea Power!"
gcjh

Re: Dirty Leeds

Postby lats » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:44 am

gcjh wrote:Sadly was a little disappointed with Friday night. The band we're giving it their all but the sound was underwhelming, especially when compared to the previous week's Mary Chain gig & the gremlins certainly didn't help. Got much better as the set progressed & it was fun boogeying with the bears. One caveat to my comments, I was sober.

I was also sober and underwhelmed by the sound but still enjoyed it - I was near the front ham-side. Very muddy bottom end and the guitars were too quiet in some of the songs. Maybe it sounded better further back. The band looked a bit frustrated with things.

Very tempted to head over to Manchester tomorrow after work in the hope that the sound is better and they do Cleaning Out the Rooms!
lats

Previous

Return to British Sea Power