Another free ticket for Shepherd's Bush Empire - 12th April

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Another free ticket for Shepherd's Bush Empire - 12th April

Postby rxtx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Anyone want it? My gig-going buddy can no longer make it and I haven't been able to find anyone to replace him at fairly short notice. I took a few friends some years ago to a gig at the West End Centre in Aldershot and the guys played so loudly that they've all claimed damaged hearing ever since and are outright refusing to see them play again... I remember Yan gesturing at whoever was manning the mixing desk at the time to keep turning it up and up until it was practically rattling my pint glass.

Anyway, PM me if interested!
rxtx

Re: Another free ticket for Shepherd's Bush Empire - 12th Ap

Postby Blackout » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm

ha, that was that same tour where they got told off at a social club in Bristol for being too loud. Their soundman for that tour was (ex member of Factory band Stockholm Monsters, and later frequent Chameleons live soundman) Shan Hira, a man legendary in Manchester for making everything as loud as he possibly could all the time, and his response to said complaint was to grin demonically while pushing all the sliders up as far as they'd go. He works for the Chemical Brothers now I think, god help them.

sorry, this isn't helping you shift your ticket. but it is quite funny.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby maevans » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:30 am

Was the Aldershot show the one where they played an absolute ton of new stuff? Two of my friends have never forgiven them for it, which seems harsh.

Show was memorable for me as I'd given away my ticket to a friend as I got on the guestlist as I was reviewing the support (iliketrains?). Cue them walking in with my ticket and me discovering the support had forgotten to write my name on the list so was left floundering and pleading for entrance.
maevans

Postby rxtx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:29 am

Glad I'm not just being old re the volume... :) Pretty sure they played all known stuff, mostly from Decline I think although it was a long time ago so they could've thrown in some nursery rhyme covers for all I can remember.

The ticket has now gone anyway, sorry if I've not replied to a PM if you sent one but it's not letting me reply multiple times in short order.
rxtx

Return to British Sea Power